Anyone running a Donaldson Filter assembly on a TJ?

alosix

Expedition Leader
All of this fun water in CO got me thinking maybe.. maybe I should actually finish the snorkel plumbing.

I'm no longer subject to CARB (happydance).

The Jeep has had a turbo-city tube on it for ages, with a spun aluminum thing over the filter that I was planning on plumbing to the snorkel that's been on it since I lived in MD.

No room under the hood for a stock air box (OBA, AiRock, etc).

Wondering if anyone had gone through the trouble of fitting one of the Donaldson filters on theirs.

I'm mostly looking for better than stock dust filtration (dirt, deserts, etc) and somewhat easy snorkel plumbing. Kinda wish I kept the one that was on the M725.

Thanks
Jason

alosix

Expedition Leader
Volant uses the Donaldson in their intakes, send to function well.

Yeah.. I stumbled across that one. Just not sure its going to fit with the York compressor in the way (otherwise I'd likely just use the stock airbox with the arb)

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Where in Longmont are you located. I'm over on Airport and Nelson. Any chance you work at DigitalGlobe?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This is a basic Donaldson air cap, but one of their filter-type caps would swap right on...

CowlFinal30.jpg

It's mounted on a custom fiberglass cowl panel I made up that provides internal ducting to route the air to the center of the firewall where there is room to make a connection into the engine compartment.

CowlFinal33.jpg

alosix

Expedition Leader
Where in Longmont are you located. I'm over on Airport and Nelson. Any chance you work at DigitalGlobe?

Na, work down in boulder slinging code for an ad firm, but I do drive by that intersection pretty regularly. Still fairly new in town, escaped CA in april.

I contacted Donaldson and they were nice enough to recommend a filter, part no G120415. Also recommended a TopSpin to put on top the snorkel for any really dusty times. Its not cheap, but not really outrageous either. I do need to see if I even have room for that under the hood though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman