Anyone running an aftermarket TPMS? (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

andy29847

Adventurer
I use the TST 507 system on my trailer. The sensors screw on to the valve stem. I don't like the flow through sensors as much as I like the others. The flow through sensors are just too big. You have to use bolt on metal valve stems if you use external sensors. TST also makes some internal sensors. TST has terrific customer service.

https://tsttruck.com/product/tst-507-internal/

I had a tire go flat on my toyhauler while traveling on I-20. The first thing I noticed was chunks of rubber flying off the trailer in the side view mirror. The tire coming apart did significant damage to the trailer. After that, I bought the TST tire pressure monitor system. I have had 2 flats since then. In both cases, the monitor system gave me a chance to get off the road without destroying my tire or trailer. The temperature function of the external sensors is low value. I draw great peace of mind from being able to monitor the pressure of my tires at a glance.

Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Quick update, since this thread has been resurrected.

I went with the Sensatyre system, which looks like it's a relabeled Mobiletron system. Works fine, it's internal so I don't need to worry about external sensors getting mangled. 10 tire system was around $1200.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Quick update, since this thread has been resurrected.

I went with the Sensatyre system, which looks like it's a relabeled Mobiletron system. Works fine, it's internal so I don't need to worry about external sensors getting mangled. 10 tire system was around $1200.

Dang, someone is prepared with 6 spares! :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12