Anyone use a LIFTTRAX ?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
http://lifttrax.com/specifications/

Looks like it has promise

LiftTrax 4000R

The LifTrax 4000R (SUV version) is built to hold the weight of common 4×4 vehicles up to 8,800lb (4 tons) in weight, such as the Toyota Land Cruiser, Jeep Cherokee, Land Rover Defender 110 and Land Rover Discovery.

LiftTrax are manufactured using high quality materials: Their reinforced PVC coated- fabric shell is covered by 1/4″ (6.4 mm) thick rubber ribs for optimum traction.

LiftTrax can be connected to each other for extended recovery length.

Your LiftTrax 4000R kit contains:

Two 44” X 20” (110 x 50 cm) pneumatic traction mats
Two pre installed replaceable bladders
1 carry case
2 inflation adaptors
One user manual
LiftTrax 4000R kit weight: 18lb (8 kg)

LiftTrax 4000 kit size: 20″x 8″ x 8″ (50cm x 20cm x 20cm)

Max allowed pressure: 10 PSI

Methods of inflation: Air compressor, CO2 canister, hand-held pump or manually.

This one is a bit out of left field but it’s a very versatile product. Deflated they
can be used as a very basic aid to traction but inflated they have multiple
uses. For rock crawling they can smooth the approach angle and while
offering no real bridging capability they can just fill the ditch! And they can be
placed under a beached truck and used as a basic air-jack. They are rated
up to 4tons and in the event of a puncture the inner bladders are available
separately. Once deflated they just roll up and store almost anywhere.
SIZE: 1.1m x 0.5mm, weigh 8kg a pair
VERSATILITY: Not the obvious choice, but offer a good mat, a comfy
bench seat and a play-float on the beach!

Attachments

• lifttrax.jpg
    lifttrax.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 553
  • lifttrax2.jpg
    lifttrax2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 26

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Search PillowTrax here on the forum, there was quite a bit of discussion, reviews, etc. Overland Journal did some testing on them in a 2009 article?

JamesDowning

Explorer
They have certain applications where they may work ok, but from everything I've read they are pretty useless. The best applications I read about were a seat cushion and a lifting device for raising a spare tire to the lugs.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"but offer a good mat, a comfy
bench seat and a play-float on the beach"

I think these are the main uses:)

Oilworker

Explorer
Well, they do double up as a comfortable bench but as reluctant as I was when I first saw them, I gave them a try.

20110623_34463_web1200t.jpg

They are great to traverse ditches or steep steps or making a road driveable again after a bunch of portaled trucks have deepend the track too far....

You can of course also use them to level your truck or camper for the night or place them under one (!) wheel to quickly and securely lift the car if you need to work underneath it. It´s definitly much safer than working underneath your truck when it´s jacked with a Hi-Lift and a lift of 6"-8" (when inflated) is mostly all you need.

Never lift two wheels on one axle simultaneously as the truck may shift sideways and drop of the pillows!

What I also liked is the fact that you can quickly connect two or more (lengthwise) and they wont damage your truck or SUV if they should "pop up" from underneath your tyre as you drive over them, as waffleboards or sandladders will do.

I carry both, sandladders and a set of lifttracks as there is a use for both.

I will upload a few images of the test we did later.

So long,

Robert

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Looks like a giant ExPo whoopi cushion! Probaby makes for some funny coversations around the camp fire....

762X39

Explorer
They are great to traverse ditches or steep steps or making a road driveable again after a bunch of portaled trucks have deepend the track too far....

lift of 6"-8" (when inflated) is mostly all you need.

I carry both, sandladders and a set of lifttracks as there is a use for both.
Sounds like a great idea for me to carry around in the recovery box of my F150. We spend more and more time camping in the bush with our 70's vintage travel trailer and sometimes a Jackall or Come-along isn't quite the right tool to help us move on. Thanks for the real world report.:coffee:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
They were reviewed along with a number of other sand ladder type traction devices in a past OJ. IIRC, it was sometime last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior