Appalachian Excursions

magaw

Magaw
I was in va and WVa last june july, I was down there after the storms went through. ( I was working with the power co.) I fell in love with the area. I want to spend a whole lot more time there in the next few years. You live in a great part of this country!

Those storms were fierce! One of main routes here in Putnam county had more power lines laying on the ground than there were standing. Plenty of dirt roads around here if you don't mind driving some pavement to connect them. In 2010 three of us took two Urals, several hundred miles across the state, keeping mostly to atv trails, gravel and dirt roads....very little pavement. Good times.

truck mechanic

Adventurer
yeah there was lotsa damage, I was there for 2 weeks chaising broken bucket trucks. But there is so much to see. i do need to get back down there, maby next summer as my vaca time is allready used up this year.
Those storms were fierce! One of main routes here in Putnam county had more power lines laying on the ground than there were standing. Plenty of dirt roads around here if you don't mind driving some pavement to connect them. In 2010 three of us took two Urals, several hundred miles across the state, keeping mostly to atv trails, gravel and dirt roads....very little pavement. Good times.

Rider_WV

the 2010 trip was pretty fun.
386293573.jpg

the Magaw crew
386293536.jpg

I have a ton of pics from when Lorne and I took the wives on the BRP as well.
rained on that trip too
391868993.jpg

I got yellow jackets in my jacket shortly after this pic
391868837.jpg

Spruce Knob
391868824.jpg

Dont forget our other bikes, we mapped our backroad route on these
374660535.jpg

is Arkansas still Appalachia?
380876505.jpg

ruffshod at a creek crossing on the TAT
380876514.jpg

Sorry Josh I was bored and was poking through my pics

magaw

Magaw
Dont forget our other bikes, we mapped our backroad route on these

I'm glad you posted those. I didn't have any pics of the Vstroms. Yeah that trans West Virginia route was cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger