Aquacube Series III questions for anyone that has one

boznian2

Does anyone know if you can have this unit draw straight from a permanently mounted on-board water tank? I am looking to make it a more permanent rather than portable setup on my trailer. Anyone use it in below freezing temps? Could it be used inside a trailer or does it need a lot of clear space around it for safety and ventilation?

kb7our

Explorer
Does anyone know if you can have this unit draw straight from a permanently mounted on-board water tank? I am looking to make it a more permanent rather than portable setup on my trailer. Anyone use it in below freezing temps? Could it be used inside a trailer or does it need a lot of clear space around it for safety and ventilation?

Great little unit. Have used it with my Adventure Trailers 19G water tank, but not a permanent install, just dropped the hose/pump down into the tank when camping instead of using a collapsible 5G tank the pump is made to screw on to. Have also used below freezing - just needed to recirculate the water a bit back into the source tank to warm that when water gets close to freezing and it cranks out hot water just great. Needs to be vented for LP exhaust but could probably be contained within a reasonably small area to be mounted if vented. Keeping the unit somewhat portable is kind of nice when you want to relocated to a distant shower location or similar. Very nice unit. Hope this helps.

Srpat

Observer
I finally got around to trying mine out on a recent camping trip. Worked pretty great. A bit annoyed that the pump can't be shut off with the shower control -- the pump runs even if you have the shower handle off with no water coming out. Pretty easy to get the temperature that you want and it does a great job at keeping it there. I have mine mounted in the bed of the truck. There is about an inch between that and my fridge, and on the other side about an inch between the wall-storage divider. So I would think clearances are pretty small and venting requirements pretty small if you trailer isn't air-tight.

I carry two 7 gallon reliance containers with me mounted at the back of the truck bed. Pretty easy just to drop the pump in the water container, but I need to make an attachment so I can leave the pump in and have it be water tight so that I don't need to take it out every time I leave camp. As for freezing temps, it says not to use it in freezing temps -- there seems to be no way to get all of the water out of the unit and with copper? heat exchanger, I would think there is some risk of bursting a pipe. Aside from that concern, cold shouldn't matter, you would just have to recirculate until you warm it up enough for the 40-50 degree temp rise.

All in all, nice unit. Wish it was a bit smaller and I wish it didn't have a built-in battery that takes up extra weight and space that I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179