ARB Air Compressor plug melted

dstock

Explorer
My ARB compressor's white plastic connector also melted. I believe the prongs became corroded, raising the resistance and increasing the voltage drop as well as generating heat.

I went with the Anderson 45A connector a while back and have had no problems.

IMG_5707-1.JPG

Interesting, the relay went bad a couple months ago but I checked everything and thought it was just the relay. It wasn't until I went to unplug it that I realized something was up because you couldn't tell just by looking at it connected.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I guess I never have that much liquid splashing around under the hood. You could always give any connector a good wrap of fusion tape if liquids are a worry..

dstock

Explorer
I guess I never have that much liquid splashing around under the hood. You could always give any connector a good wrap of fusion tape if liquids are a worry..

Have you seen my avatar? LOL Just kidding, I haven't had much issue with liquid splashing that high under the hood. The OEM ARB connector certainly isn't waterproof either.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Have you seen my avatar? LOL Just kidding, I haven't had much issue with liquid splashing that high under the hood. The OEM ARB connector certainly isn't waterproof either.

One of the few places that river is at the surface, LOL. Back when I installed the ARB compressor I should have wrapped that white plastic connector in fusion tape. I never had a need to unplug it so the tape would have been of no inconvenience and saved me from damage years later.

dstock

Explorer
One of the few places that river is at the surface, LOL. Back when I installed the ARB compressor I should have wrapped that white plastic connector in fusion tape. I never had a need to unplug it so the tape would have been of no inconvenience and saved me from damage years later.

Agreed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78