ARB Aluminum Housing Awning 2500 vs regular, black back ARB 2500mm Awning w/ Light

Looking for a new awning for our semi-custom, off-rad teardrop trailer build. I think we will be going with a traditional, rectangle awning as we already have coverage at the galley with the flip-up back door to the trailer.

I was considering the ARB Aluminum Housing Awning 2500. The best price here in Canada is about $702cdn for the 2500mm wide unit. This is about $$235cdn more than the regular ARB 2500mm awning with light kit in the black zip bag.

While Expedition Portal does have a field test on the Aluminum housing version: https://expeditionportal.com/field-tested-arb-aluminum-awning-2500mm/ I am curious if anyone else has practical experience with the Aluminum housed awning. Is it worth the extra $$$? Other than the housing, the awnings are the same size, material and specs and both have the integrated LED light. The Aluminum I think would look amazing, just not sure if it's worth it???

Thanks!

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have an aluminum housing awning and I really like it. Not getting ripped on branches appeals to me. Easy to mount but when I ordered/received mine it did not come with mounting hardware but was advertised as having it. I emailed them and they said that so few used the supplied hardware that they stopped including it but since it was stated as being part of the price they would send me the stuff.
I have a Front Runner rack and mounting the aluminum box was easy.IMG_0047.JPG
I have used it a few times and it is possible to have the horizontal poles bend with a heavy snow load. If you expect snow, fold up the awning and save yourself a lot of grief. A great buy. Probably cost less when I got it a few years ago.
Might be an ez-awn but I have had it for about 6 years and don'r recall who made it.
It is a black box to match the FR rack

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998