ARB Bullbar Mods

dms1

Explorer
I am currently fixing\ modding an ARB Tacoma bumper that was in an accident for my 99 4Runner. I picked up a winch this weekend and mounted it to make sure everything was going to fit\lined up, but then I realized the ARB Bumper doesn't have an opening on top like my TJM Bumper has (on 85 4Runner) to access the clutch handle. How do you guys access the clutch handle with the ARB bumpers?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I am currently fixing\ modding an ARB Tacoma bumper that was in an accident for my 99 4Runner. I picked up a winch this weekend and mounted it to make sure everything was going to fit\lined up, but then I realized the ARB Bumper doesn't have an opening on top like my TJM Bumper has (on 85 4Runner) to access the clutch handle. How do you guys access the clutch handle with the ARB bumpers?

What winch did you install?

You need to clock the clutch handle & housing, rotate it around to allow access from the 'windows' on the lower front bumper.

dms1

Explorer
Thanks for that info - I was going to fill in those windows - now I guess I will re think that option.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Same thing I did to my winch,you have to rotate the clutch side of the winch so you can reach the lever.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Super cheap and easy shovel holder mod

On my still winchless ARB I use quick fists to hold my shovel.
Many miles on rough roads with no problems.

SawmillEnduro2009078.jpg

AlexJet

Explorer
One more little mod. My winch solenoid box is having some rust corrosion issues so I decided to mount it under my hood this time (not mounted yet). So I wouldn't have to open my hood to get at it (and this plug needed to be replaced anyway) I took this approach...

Where did you get that winch cable plug on your second image? Looks like a manufactured unit. Do you have a part number of it?

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I went to my local Warn certified facility (which is Six States Distributors in Salt Lake City) and it was about $55 or so. I had to specify it was for a M12000 winch. I will have to cut the wiring and extend it to have it synch up to the remote box..

xpdishun

Has anyone tried making a receiver hitch into an ARB front bumper? Do you think it's a crazy idea?

I'd like to be able to store my winch in the cab of my truck and use it in the back so I figured a reviver hitch up front would be perfect.

Willman

Has anyone tried making a receiver hitch into an ARB front bumper? Do you think it's a crazy idea?

I'd like to be able to store my winch in the cab of my truck and use it in the back so I figured a reviver hitch up front would be perfect.

DSC01613.jpg

More here

Easy to do!

:)

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
The ARB turn/marker light assemblies could be better... I saw on here somewhere one of you had fitted some nice LED assemblies in lieu of the OEM bits.

Who had those? :coffee:

CYi5

Explorer
The ARB turn/marker light assemblies could be better... I saw on here somewhere one of you had fitted some nice LED assemblies in lieu of the OEM bits.

Who had those? :coffee:

Teaser and comparison
img135.jpg

img136.jpg

img139.jpg

img141.jpg

level with turn signal
img144.jpg

I have been long awaiting a pair of whelen TIR6's to come available used (new $100ish ea). I found some on ebay for $40ea. and jumped on them This mod was to an ARB and required some grinding of the original opening top and bottom only. It required bending the old mounting tabs back as to utilize them to hold the new lamp in place, that and a snug fit ensure it won't be going anywhere.

Aaron

Aaron or xcmountain80

CYi5

Explorer
I welded up some bolt-on brackets that would hold two rectangular lights. These fit in the openings reserved for hi-lift jacking and the winch clutch.

I originally planned to go with Hella FF75 fogs, but at $100 I didn't see it as worth the investment.

The affordable solution:
55w Pilot Driving Lights (PL-2055C) - $19.99 @ AutoZone

I used these on my last taco as reverse lights and found them to be a great value and perfect fit for the all-pro rear bumper. I tapped into the factory fog light wiring harness to utilize the OEM twist switch. Stock fogs are also 55w, so no need to worry about melting wires or fire hazard.

I've noticed no increase in coolant temperature per scanguage.

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman