ARB Dimensions

jdholder

Explorer
Is there a web resource out there that lists the dimensions of the various ARB bumpers out there? I am specifically looking for the width and hoop placement. You see, I am trying to find one that I can adapt to my 2003 Range Rover as ARB doesn't make one specific for my truck.

Any help?

Thanks!!

Caduceus

Adventurer
Probably the ARB website.

And you might get better responses if you post in the appropriate forum (under your vehicle, or on another vehicle-specific site, for example)

jdholder

Explorer
Probably the ARB website.

And you might get better responses if you post in the appropriate forum (under your vehicle, or on another vehicle-specific site, for example)

Wow!!! Why didn't I think of that???? Seriously, I looked, and the dimensions are not available at www.arb.com or www.arbusa.com. This is not my first rodeo.

Don't make me go all pirate on you. :)

As for posting on another vehicle specific site, how do you know I haven't already?

Anyone else give me some help?

DarinM

Explorer
I've got an ARB bull bar on my TJ. It's presently in the shop costing me lots of money, but if you haven't gotten the info you need by (hopefully) Monday when I get it back, I'll be able to help you with at least the info for what I have if you need it.

jdholder

Explorer
Thanks!!! I have an e-mail into ARB USA, but I'll take all the info I can get.

I'm thinking maybe a bumper originally designed for a Range Rover Classic or a Toyota Land Cruiser might be wide enough for my Rangie. May need to build my own, but I hope not.

Caduceus

Adventurer
Wow!!! Why didn't I think of that???? Seriously, I looked, and the dimensions are not available at www.arb.com or www.arbusa.com. This is not my first rodeo.

Don't make me go all pirate on you. :)

As for posting on another vehicle specific site, how do you know I haven't already?

Anyone else give me some help?

Hey, you didn't mention it.
And besides, posting in the Want to Buy, when you're asking for item dimensions, didn't strike me as the best way to go about it. May not be your first rodeo, but you're still posting in an odd spot.

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
i've heard the LR3 bar may fit with modification.

On the RRS for sure, but the RRS shares the same chassis as a LR3. The RR is a different animal. Might be close enough? Might be just as well off contacting RTE and inquiring about having so something made.

jdholder

Explorer
I've found one company that actually has created a front bumper (buttorf) and one other that says they will have something soon.

Haven't found the dimensions of the ARB's though. I know I'd have to modify whatever I buy that's not designed for the MKIII.

I've put an e-mail into ARB with NO response so far. We'll see.

Thanks - help!

spikemd

Explorer
ARB didn't make one for the P38 either.

I have seen pics of a D2 ARB Sahara Bar fitting the P38 after modification to the mounting brackets. The bumper itself did not need any modification and it looked like a perfect fit.

That being said...
The width of the P38 is 74.4 inches and the width of the D2 is 74.4 inches and the bumper does fit perfectly.

Width of the L322 is 75.7 inches.
Width of LR3 is 75.4 which is close, but not quite.

Then again, I have seen an LR3 fitted to a RRS with a width of 75.9 inches so maybe you're in luck!

file.php

These are crude numbers, but when I looked at the widths of the P38 and D2 matching and the bumper fitting, I think it is good place to start.

jdholder

Explorer
Thanks! Where'd you get that pic? Do you have any other angles? Higher resolution? You can send them to me at jon at h3dv dot com.

Thanks again!

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
I posted the link on the second post of the thread in this forum regarding a real brush bar for a RRS. Go check it out there.

spikemd

Explorer
Here is the link to some more pics: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30569

Good luck.

ARB never made one for the RR Sport because they didn't think there was enough demand to justify the Aussie crash regulations they have to go through.

You don't want to get the factory winch mount for your RR? I think the middle A-arm with the factory winch mount looks great. The approach angle is great with the factory bumper without the weight of the full metal bumper...

abar06.jpg

rriiiwinch.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78