ARB Fridge - What size for wife and I?

jwilson2598

Adventurer
I have a 50qt which serves me, wife, and 2 kids for a 3-4 day weekend trip with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucky j

Explorer
We use a 37 quatrs for 3 to five day for 2 adults, we always come back with food. In my mine, that means that we bring to much food. And it take less space in the vehicule ans is litgher to move around!

What is nice since it is a fridge, you do not have to leave more brevage that you need on a daily bases. It will cool down anything you throw in at a later time.

But shorter. They have two foot prints and two heights, as I recall.

Think you are correct but when loading in the back of the truck not much real room savings. At least for me because if using it the top needs to remain easily accessible. We have tossed light stuff like sleeping bags on too but still......

Lucky j

Explorer
Hight to me is also important. The space saved on top is more space plain and simple. If you carry it half full cause it is to big for your need, then the space is not more usefull since it is inside the fridge and the fridge is more heavy and harder to get acces to the inside. Walls becomes higher, and if to high, wihtout drawer, lid as less room to open. If you built a drawer system with slides, just make a top and this gives you storage space on top.

To me it is a no brainer. If I do not need the inside space, it just take more space, is heavier, is more expensive. I also know that in my LJ, space is a premium. But that is just me and my set-up. :)

We use a 37 quatrs for 3 to five day for 2 adults, we always come back with food. In my mine, that means that we bring to much food. And it take less space in the vehicule ans is litgher to move around!

What is nice since it is a fridge, you do not have to leave more brevage that you need on a daily bases. It will cool down anything you throw in at a later time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman