ARB Intensity Solis lights

unsung

Has anyone bought these and not used the dimmer switch that they include? I have contacted ARB to find out if they can be run without but they never replied. I have a SwitchPro and I simply want to wire them to that and have a simple on/off. I have no desire for multiple settings of light intensity.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
The referenced article says:

“With a raw light output of 18,178 lumens, a dimmer is crucial and is included in the Solis lighting kit. The electrical current draw of the lights is measured at 12.4a @ 13.2v. “

So my guess is that they are intended to be used with the dimmer. I don’t see why you couldn’t run the system with the dimmer and the switchpro, unless you’re just trying to simplify the cockpit with one less switch.

To be sure, maybe reach out to @rino at Ok4wd. I’m guessing if someone has tried without the dimmer, or what limitations exist, he might.

unsung

So finally got ahold of ARB and they said that the dimmer was required. It really doesn’t make sense, and I’m guessing it is because of how it is wired into the high beams so they are CYA and not assuming the liability. I don’t want another extra switch and have no need for stages of light intensity. I asked if I could just cut off the end and wire direct and they said no. Seems like a bad design to me, make the dimmer optional instead of mandatory.

If the plug at the end of the light pigtail was cut off and there were two wires then the answer is easy, they just don’t want to say so.

unsung

ARB said when I called that these can not be run without the dimmer, bummer.

A couple of days later I received an email reply finally and he stated that they are working on a bypass harness. So good news.

OllieChristopher

That is a bummer not having the option of no dimmer. I wonder if you can check continuity and bypass the dimmer yourself? Pretty nice lights though. Let us know how they work out for you.

foster4x4

I installed a set of these yesterday and I’ve got a weird issue. When you turn the high beam switch for the truck on and the ARB lights are off at the dimmer switch, the ARB lights flash on for just a second. It seems like somehow the relay is getting triggered just for a moment.

i’m trying to figure out if this was for some reason intentional, or somethings weird with my wiring.

here’s a video of it happening:https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPp3dTYa8eN8JUdJA

Did anyone get any more clarity on the Switch-Pro/Solis situation? I am looking into these to mount on a bumper, but I really don't want more switches/buttons on my dash when i have a nice Switch-Pro 9100 open and available.

Anyone figure this out? Just installing a summit bumper on my 200 and planned to do these lights with switchpro - dimmer kills it for me.

I installed these with the dimmer, great lights. I know Slee Offroad in Golden, CO put them on a Landcruiser without a dimmer using a factory style switch. Might be worth giving them a ring, they're a great bunch over there.

taytor

So any update on a "bypass harness" so we don't have to use the dimmer switch?

My intended use with a Trigger Six Shooter bluetooth switch system.

unsung

UPDATE:

I just searched on "solis" and this is still the only thread on them, I find that a bit surprising.

So here is what I know and have known for a bit. ARB does say that there is a bypass for this unit. It is part #SJBSWOR

I have found a single link online by searching that part number which will pull up a .pdf of the installation instructions.

The problem I had was that I can't find anyone that sells it or any vendor that has even heard of it. I somewhat lost interest in this but I will follow up with ARB now.

Just called ARB:

They said you should be able to call any vendor and give them the above part number and the vendor can order it.

unsung

So I had Overland Addict order the bypass wiring and it is in hand. Price is less than $5 for the part. Install will happen in the next month or so when my work schedule eases up a bit.

I installed a set of these yesterday and I’ve got a weird issue. When you turn the high beam switch for the truck on and the ARB lights are off at the dimmer switch, the ARB lights flash on for just a second. It seems like somehow the relay is getting triggered just for a moment.

i’m trying to figure out if this was for some reason intentional, or somethings weird with my wiring.

here’s a video of it happening:https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPp3dTYa8eN8JUdJA
hey mate, did you solve this? i have the same issue.

foster4x4

Yeah, I had two wires reversed. I don’t remember which ones, but if you send a photo I may be able to remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179