ARB rear locker is on its way...

mauricio_28

Adventurer
The ARB rear locker (along with the air compressor) for my D40 Navara has been ordered and is now on its way. Anyone else have this already installed and operational?

BlackX

Adventurer
I assume it's for the m226 dif? Friend of mine installed it and it works well. There's a blog on the install. I'll look for it and send the link.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Thanks for that. I'll let you know how it goes. It'll go in this rig:

PA210286s.jpg

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Needless to say I won't be doing it myself. I'll be handing it over to a mechanic to do it, but I hope to be there every step of the way.

Btw, it's a (TDI) Navara, not a Frontier. Same thing except for the diesel engine...

mauricio_28

Adventurer
...so in preparation for the installation of the ARB locker, I looked once again at the ARB application guide. Turns out that in the last couple of weeks, ARB has come out with a second rear locker for the D40 Navara. I should have ordered the RD159 piece for the Thailand-assembled Navara, rather than the RD149 piece for the Spain-assembled Navara. The problem was than when I ordered, the ARB application guide listed only one locker for the D40 with no distinction for country of origin.

mcm4090

Explorer
Interesting. And they both are the M226 diff? I wonder witch one is the Frontiers that are built in the U.S.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
Interesting. And they both are the M226 diff? I wonder witch one is the Frontiers that are built in the U.S.

Yes, both for the M226. I, too, wondered which one fits the U.S. Frontier. All it takes to find out is to open the diff and take a look. This is what I will be doing in order to make sure that I indeed have the wrong application before returning it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman