ARB "Sahara" or "2nd gen" turn signals??

1stDeuce

Explorer
I bought a new but missing stuff ARB bumper for my GMC, and it didn't come with the bumper turn signals. Of course I found a bunch of info that they're VW MK2 golf lights, so I bought a set of clear ones... Turns out the lights in the newer bumpers, particularly those termed "Sahara" or bumpers built for vehicles with DRL's, have a different light, which ARB calls 6821151L/R. I don't want to order lights, harness, nuts, etc from ARB. Just wondering if they're from some OEM application like the earlier lights, or if ARB actually made a light to fit their needs... I may bust out the plasma cutter soon and pop in some rubber grommet trailer lights if I can't find something. I don't need the DRL's, just a turn signal.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!!
Chris

1stDeuce

Explorer
Thanks Sub Urban, but I've seen that writeup and a hundred others, but they're all about the "old" mk2 style lights, which had screws on either side that were visible. The new bumpers use lights that are a little taller, and a little wider, and they screw in from the back instead of from the front. Those TIR lights are sweet, and they fit nicely in the old bumpers, but so far I've found nothing that fits in the new bumper directly... :(

I bet they're ARB specific lights. It's Plasma Time anyway, since I need to get the 8274 mounted. :)
Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger