Arb turn signal options

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
As most ARB owners may know there don't seem to be anything available for the bumper as a replacement for the turn signals when they either get smashed or lost. I Know there was a unit for the TJM's which incorporated a fog light and turn signal. I was thinking about using a Whelen TIR6 strobe head assembly as a replacement for mine. They have many flash patterns which would be useless as a turn signal but they do offer a constant mode which can be locked in via cycling through the flash patterns. The dimensions are very similar
@ 1 5/8" X 5" the acctual cut out might be slightly different as most of their housings are mount on top but I'm sure a mount behind could be fabbed and talk about some bright turn signals!
http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=12&cat_id=74&prod_id=139
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Xw_is07zc

Aaron

02TahoeMD

Explorer
At first I thought, why put in a strobe? Then I checked the product. The LED signal light is very bright, a good bit brighter than any other turn signal bulb I have ever seen. (completely different technology than a strobe flasher though) Setting it to be a standard single on pattern -so it cycles with your flasher- would be very easy. Probably could just get away with using a piece of sheet metal to fab up a fit plate to adapt between the ARB factory housing and the dimensions of the LED.

I say go for it!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Are you saying you can't find the orange marker light assemblies that ARB uses in their bumpers? They are extremely available, most of the bigger ARB dealers will have them in stock in either lenses only or complete assemblies ;)

Complete Assembly:
Part# 3500080 - Indicator Kit (includes two housings, lenses, bulbs and wire extensions) ~$35/pair

Lens:
Part# 11671131 - Turn Signal Lens ~$4

That said an integrated fog light is a cool idea too! :D

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
No no not that I can't find them I was looking for a brighter alternative. The ARB's if not properly sealed (silicone) fill with water then promote rust an yuck and shazaam the bulb is out. That happened 2 wks. ago. I was thinking of something that other would be like oh snap that guy is turning or changing lanes. There is a smaller unit TIR3 or similar but it doesn't come close to the size and doesn't indicate whether a lockable pattern is available. LED's as we know are becoming more and more popular. I just bought a SureFire flashlight (5th or so) that is a 80 lumen led with a 11 hour burn. Wow is that thing bright.

Aaron

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I could but I think I'll over do it and order the Tir 6's standard I believe the are offered in super and standard. I used standard strobe in my four corners with a 90w power supply. For my various contracting jobs.

Aaron

Terracoma

Adventurer
I will eventually be replacing my ARB turn signals with these, in amber, of course:

http://www.awdirect.com/federal-sig...ht-kit-red-607142-04/body-lights-directional/

fdl60.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I've seen the ovals used but you have to cut or router out the sqaure hole. Or at least that what I remember.

Aaron

86cj

Explorer
I am thinking about cutting the ears of the light mounts behind the bumper and using edge trim around the lip. Then mount a set of Piaa 1500 lights pushed up behind the hole as close as possible.
I don't think pattern will go straight ahead on my Jeep due to angle of the bumper, but I like a light off to the side for Deer. I have the 1500 Piaa lights from another project, but would love the $$ Piaa P-3000 lights in the ARB, you would have marker lights only as a choice.

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/p-3000.html

IllianaXJ

Adventurer
I don't know about brighter, but I seem to remember reading on another forum that VW Rabbit turn signals will fit into the ARB light holes. This may only be true for the Jeep bumpers, I dunno.

I never wired mine up to anything on my XJ, you can still see the stock signals fairly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior