Arkansas Fall Foliage Frolicking

TheBlackSheep

Observer
Yup... I got some water in thur...........................:Wow1: Pouring out of a tear in the CV boot too....... whoops...

I actually ran a breather tube higher up and zip tied off against the firewall next to my battery, since short of my air box and alternator, it's the highest point in the well.

I was telling Leary, on the way into Russelville, I couldn't go faster than 50, and she was knocking a bit. I pretty much knew what it was, and at O'Reilly's I noticed one of my airbox retainers had popped off, leaving quite the gap. On top of that, my airbox drain holes were plugged with mudhole debris and it was full of funk. Apparently mud got in through the gap, above the air filter, and then settled and dried in the air filter itself. I was able to scoop enough out and knock some out of the filter to get it home. And then I started noticing a horrible squeaking coming from the front when idling. I knew what that was too.

So today I had to take it to the car wash (Sorry Scott!). Blew out the airbox and filter, re-oiled it, fixed the retaining clip, and power washed the hell out of my belt pullies. All fixed and no more squeaking. Another beautiful thing about the Jeep is that I power-washed the whole inside as well (people were looking at me like I was a moron), and then sucked everything out that didn't make it out the drain holes with the vacuum.

Another little benefit to this trip was that it helped settle my suspension, bushings and lift quite a bit (I tore out all the rock crawler stuff a few years ago and finally got around to re-doing the whole thing about 9 months ago). She's noticeably quieter, a little softer, and a smidgen more comfortable. I ran over to a buddy's shop this afternoon and hit everything with an air ratchet just for giggles.

Now only if my Currie stuff would show up!

So today I had to take it to the car wash (Sorry Scott!). Blew out the airbox and filter, re-oiled it, fixed the retaining clip, and power washed the hell out of my belt pullies. All fixed and no more squeaking. Another beautiful thing about the Jeep is that I power-washed the whole inside as well (people were looking at me like I was a moron), and then sucked everything out that didn't make it out the drain holes with the vacuum.

Its ok, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do....

I'm washin mine tomorrow....

TheBlackSheep

Observer
Its ok, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do....

I'm washin mine tomorrow....

Well, I guess I should be honest ...I would have just hit the motor and continued to wear the trail (I got quite a few waves and thumbs up this week from passer-bys), but I've got a date tomorrow night. Hah.

Well, I guess I should be honest ...I would have just hit the motor and continued to wear the trail (I got quite a few waves and thumbs up this week from passer-bys), but I've got a date tomorrow night. Hah.

Just remember what the old Colonel Sanders used to say.... "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken".

Buen Suerte.

tchughes

Observer
Funny that y'all are talking about cleaning the rides. I power washed everything and finished up with a hand wash this afternoon.

This week I spilled some milk on the way into work and it's really starting to smell, probably worse than Mr. Leary's swampmobile after the foliage run. Tomorrow I think I'm pulling the carpet and hosing it out. I have been wanting to do this for some time now, looks like I have an excuse.

Also, the old alternator is working again. Reinstalled and had it tested, so far so good. I'm going to drive it awhile and see what happens. This may be my spare once I pick up a new one.

MisterE

Note--- I changed my username from lolo224, cuz it was stupid.

****** is MNPT?

National pipe thread.

Like US or metric, it's a standard for Sizes of threaded pipes and other threaded fittings.

---- VIA Google ----

The taper on NPT threads allows them to form a seal when torqued as the flanks of the threads compress against each other, as opposed to parallel/straight thread fittings or compression fittings in which the threads merely hold the pieces together and do not provide the seal.

-Austin

Last edited:

MisterE

Another beautiful thing about the Jeep is that I power-washed the whole inside as well (people were looking at me like I was a moron)!

They weren't looking at you like you were a moron because you were power washing the interior, it's because you were driving a Jeep.

Kidding, couldn't help myself :)

I power washed mine today as well,

TheBlackSheep

Observer
They weren't looking at you like you were a moron because you were power washing the interior, it's because you were driving a Jeep.

Kidding, couldn't help myself :)

I power washed mine today as well,

Yeah, yeah... I missed the opening on that one, and I'm not surprised it was you who barged through. :)

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Spent $20 at the carwash yesterday... :sombrero:

... and it still smells a bit. Gonna buy some charcoal...

tchughes

Observer
Spent $20 at the carwash yesterday... :sombrero:

... and it still smells a bit. Gonna buy some charcoal...

I pulled the carpet this weekend and sprayed it down with the water hose. Since the carpet was out I took some time and rerouted a few wires to the back and added a couple for future plans. Only takes 30 minutes or so for seat removal reinstall, most time is spent waiting on it to dry. It was well worth it in mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger