Army jk ...

LUISJG

Explorer
this is the one im after,, might be just a concept bumper.
but really looks preety good.

jeep_j8_chrysler_jgms_light_wheeled_tactical_military_army_vehicle_line_drawing_blueprint_001.jpg

Frank

Explorer
I want the wheels, as dumb as it may be. Where can I get them?

Anyways, I see a lot of issues with that truck. From my experience in the Marine Corps, deploying both to "back yard ops" and overseas, that truck would never stand up to what I did.

It claims it can hold up to 8 passengers. 8 Passengers, without gear, maybe. In that sense, the military would pack more people into 1 vehicle, maybe bus them, or 7 ton (oshgosh vehicle) rather than a Jeep.

These are a typical humvee that is loaded and ready for use in the field.

Day1-77 by Steve O: in NC, on Flickr

Lockable containers in the bed, the interior is to have minimal equipment due to safety concerns/movement while mobile, tons of comm gear or fire power, and personnel, plus gear. This was for an exercise where we were out for about 40 days. No way could you put that into a Jeep.

This truck was used when I took 3 other Marines to an exercise. Still half loaded, it still has more gear in it that you could put into a Jeep.

The jeep that IS presented in the link wouldn't be bad for small day to day operations. Todays military, no way.

It would be awesome to see a 50cal strapped to the top of a Jeep though. :victory:

All of that said, 1 stripped down humvee is about $100g's. They are amazing and never let me down. I have put them through pure hell, lived in them, cursed at them, and did some tests with them. They are able to be adapted to many configurations.

I do wish someone could create something as versatile and effective for less money, I just don't think Jeep will be the one to do it.

bldeagle10

Explorer
ive always wanted a stripped down humvee. a starting platform to build how i want...it would only get used on huge trips though with alot of people. otherwise. the jeep is best for the job. especially getting down tight trails without destroying the trail

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
Still in many armies 8 men team is the smallest combat team.
I guess this is why they're using this #.
As far as Hum goes...not all the fields in the world are open country or deserts.
This thing is Huge and heavy for what it does(sometimes).
Using in it the Greek SF, as anti-tank vehicles(Milan-Kornet),
Anti Aircraft(Stinger)etc ,we've been dealing with lots of problems in the narrow,small Aegean Island dirt roads,(size and weight related) comparing to SWB GD-240 , PANHARD VBL ,or even LWB GD-290...
From this point of view ,i see many pottentials...
And yes if Jeep can't do it...

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
This truck was used when I took 3 other Marines to an exercise. Still half loaded, it still has more gear in it that you could put into a Jeep.

Frank, I don't think this is a replacement for the HMMWV's. I think it's more of an supplement light tactical vehicle.

S

spad_4

The Oshkosh TAK4 suspension on HMMWV found on the MTVR and LVSR I love that suspension.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 38

Ron B

Explorer
a stripped down humvee for $100k!! You must be talking brand new off the assembly line -- who wouldn't want one of those though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998