Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
no need for the formal. sean works. as does hey you. :sombrero:

i don't think you're nitpicking. a couple of those look just a tad underexposed on my laptop. on the desktop, they look normal. something may have gotten lost in translation with the upload to picasa or i may just need to color balance the monitors again. it's been awhile.

is it just the recent hike post that looks under to you or are previous posts coming out that way as well?

Hey Sean, I have seen the same thing on your images for awhile now. Dark and high contrast. I thought it was just a personal style statement. :)

smslavin

Adventurer
LaOutbackTrail said:
Hey you. Yeah, I've noticed it as a reoccurring thing.

Hey Sean, I have seen the same thing on your images for awhile now. Dark and high contrast. I thought it was just a personal style statement. :)

hmm. well that's weird. what about the aspens in my previous post? are those showing up dark? i'll have to try and track that down or go back to film...

smslavin

Adventurer
Yep, the aspen shots also look dark and heavy contrast on my end.

hmm. super weird. i did just install the latest update to LR. wondering if that jacked my presets and i'm just overlooking it. both my 5D bodies are also pushing 10 years...

here's a link to a gallery of older stuff. if you have a minute, will you take a gander and let me know how those show up? something is funky.

photoman

Explorer
Sean- I have to agree that the images look pretty dark. Lots of dark black and really dark blue/purple. In some it might be due to the vignette but there isn't always a vignette applied.
I looked through the Australia gallery and it is not as pronounced as the recent ones posted in this thread but there are still quite a bit that have too much black. I don't really think it is an exposure issue as much as it is your black point or contrast settings.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I also took a look at the gallery too and most have very strong black and contrast. If your not seeing the same thing on your end then I would guess you might have a monitor calibration problem. If you have the option sign into your gallery using another person's putor and see if you notice a difference. Since 3 of us are seeing the same thing I bet your monitor is tricking you.

photoman

Explorer
I also took a look at the gallery too and most have very strong black and contrast. If your not seeing the same thing on your end then I would guess you might have a monitor calibration problem. If you have the option sign into your gallery using another person's putor and see if you notice a difference. Since 3 of us are seeing the same thing I bet your monitor is tricking you.

I stopped editing on laptops because I found differences in my images depending on the angle the screen was at. This could be another reason for inconsistencies.

smslavin

Adventurer
i don't edit on the laptop, just the desktop. i'm going to recalibrate the desktop monitor this morning and see what happens. thanks for the feedback.

GTABurnout

Explorer
9-17-12_10.jpg

9-17-12_11.jpg

9-17-12_17.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle