Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

taco2go

Explorer
So I have been exploring oils in the last few months to to try to relearn and to remind myself of what I like about capturing natural light, color, form -and to allow for more artisitic and compositional freedom.
I have been using photographs though- mostly ones taken on my iphone of scenes that catch my eye, and try to render them in paint. Thought I'd share a few here. Do plan to keep taking pictures as often as I can- a photograph is literally a moment frozen in time. Another incredibly gratifying artistic medium and reason to get out :)

i-2NjZ4sD-L.jpg

i-3tkhP8Q-L.jpg

i-Vk8Hwrm-L.jpg

i-STVxfx3-L.jpg

example ref photo (others weren't as dramatic)
i-WtJwxtT-S.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
Thanks John- been really enjoying your pictures too.
The recent availablity of high quality water soluble oils (using Windsor Newton) has opened up a whole new world of opportunity for painting without smelly/caustic solvents- right in the living room. Good therapy for winter cabin fever.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
MCObray, that sound system in that boat is something I lust after. Been looking at those speakers but have yet to actually hear them. How do they sound?

My dad had a pair on his river boat. They sounded pretty dang good but he never wanted to finish a "system". My only complaint was the tower he had was a different size than the clamps they sent so we had to get a little creative with them. While his tower was wake friendly it really was designed for fishing. I miss that boat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179