Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

jhill15

Explorer
A couple that I've shot recently. Olympus EM1, Oly 12-40 Pro lens.

P8316834.jpg

P2022751.jpg

Hodakaguy
Great shots and awesome Color! Did you use Lightroom on these?

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Great shots and awesome Color! Did you use Lightroom on these?

Thanks, These were both straight out of camera with no post processing. These shots were taken using an Olympus EM1 with the 12-40 Pro Lens, In camera Dramatic filter added.

Hodakaguy

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Thanks, These were both straight out of camera with no post processing. These shots were taken using an Olympus EM1 with the 12-40 Pro Lens, In camera Dramatic filter added.

Hodakaguy

Out of 4 point-and-shoots I owned over the years, the Olympus was the best/nicest one. Nice pics BTW.

FastGlass

Adventurer
Well, I'm an Architectural photographer by trade, but that's to pay for gear :)
Here's a link to my very best personal photos taken this year. These are a few of the "fine art" ones that people often express interest in doing galleries with.
http://bhodiseeds.tumblr.com

...if that's taboo, I'll gladly resize and watermark a few to post here, but their full size and better quality on my blog.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Pat, these are positively hypnotizing. Love them! What is the technique?

Like back in the film days, if you are shooting in B&W, you just use a specific filter to block out all that color and you have pure black. These springs are deep blue, so in CS5, I just run both the Blue and the Turquoise sliders to zero, somewhat like having that filter on, and it turns the entire scene black.

You can do this on scenic landscape photos where the sky is deep blue with big fluffy white clouds

Floating_Bikini.jpg

Sanibel_Lighthouse.jpg

That scene can be turned to this by just taking the blue out of it

Sanibel_Lighthouse_Black_White.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle