Astros at Bisti.

arlon

Adventurer
Went to Bisti Wilderness for picture taking and was surprised to find another astro parked my mine when I woke up one morning. Owner of the brown van must have come in late. I didn't get to sleep till after midnight and the van was there in the morning when I left. Maybe someone on here. I'd like to know what they were using for roof rack bars. Looked like thule bars on the factory rails. Also have a power vent in the roff. Another neat accessory.

Spent 7 nights in the van from Sugarite Canyon SP to Chaco Canyon and several places in between. Lot of great overnight spots in the Pecos Wilderness that were essentially empty.

Washboard roads out there drove me nuts but the van survived them. At least nothing really important seems to have fallen off.

original.jpg

And a shot from the Bisti Wilderness late that evening.
original.jpg

arlon

Adventurer
Bisti Wilderness has just been added to my list of places to visit, thanks!

Worth a visit. I really liked the place, just open land with a few parking places. Zero facilities. Closest bag of ice is 45 minutes away in Farmington. I did Bisti and Chaco canyon, just to the south of Bisti by dirt road.. Chaco has ice, drinking water, potties and tons of interesting stuff too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998