ATAT v0.006 (aka 2016 4Runner Trail Premium)

Rotorgeek

Adventurer
I just brought my new toy home last night :bike_rider: Instead of it being a Storm Trooper, I'm building an ATAT, That way I have an excuse to get ATAT Storm Trooper driver armor.

Truck 1.JPG

2016 Trail Premium :camping:

My build thread. :safari-rig:

Tinted front windows to match the rears
Salex Console Organizer
Weathertech side window deflectors
TRD Pro wheels
Weathertech floor mats

Future Mods:
Better tires (probbaly BFG)
Gobi Stealth roof rack
Sliders
Rear bumper
On-board air compressor
Replace fogs with better lights

Last edited:

cdrewferd

Observer
Nice looking 4Runner. Let me know when you get new wheels and tires. I need a set of these to put on the trailer I'm going to build so the rims on my 4Runner and trailer will match.

Rotorgeek

Adventurer
Someone came to visit!! :box:

cj4YNh1.jpg

Rotorgeek

Adventurer
OMG! It looks so much better with the new TRD Pro wheels. :wings:

You can also see the new tint on the front. It is really dirty atm. I'll post better pictures when I get time to clean it up.

WcadfDb.jpg

justrom

Adventurer
Replace fogs with better lights

I'll be interested to see what you come up with for this. I replaced the stock fog lights in my Tacoma with PIAA 530 LED driving lights. They're marginally brighter, but retrospect I would leave the fogs alone and put a 32" light bar into the lower grille opening for some real off-road light.

Rotorgeek

Adventurer
I'll be interested to see what you come up with for this. I replaced the stock fog lights in my Tacoma with PIAA 530 LED driving lights. They're marginally brighter, but retrospect I would leave the fogs alone and put a 32" light bar into the lower grille opening for some real off-road light.

I'm leaning toward the Rigid fog replacements

4Rainier

I have the rigid fog lights in hand, but haven't installed yet since the harness is back ordered with no end in sight. Tempted to wire it directly to the factory harness but haven't had time to play with a diagram and figure out what parts are needed.

thethePete

Explorer
^ Should just be a 2-wire connector, the easiest way is to cut off the factory connector and replace it with the weatherpack Rigid uses. Heatshrink and solder, or crimp and heatshrink, dealer's choice, but as long as you use the stuff with the glue inside it will keep moisture out and be a weatherproof splice. No real need for an adapter harness. IMO, one more place for moisure intrusion anyway. Just make sure you figure out which side is ground, LEDs are biased and won't light if you wire them backwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears