Atrais's Build Thread

Atrais

Adventurer
Forgot to mention something (and this applies to ANY time you weld) ALWAYS make sure you're welding on bare metal (ie, make sure you get any rust, scale, pickling etc off before you strike an arc). You'll get a much better weld with less spatter and a better appearance. Also make sure that when you're working with thicker material (3/8" and up) that you prep your weld area first by filleting the weld surfaces so you get better penetration. You may not have to do this on bigger machines or areas where a convex weld doesn't make a difference to fit up but I didn't have either of those lol. Another thing to note is you may want to disconnect your battery or ECU if you're going to be doing a lot of welding. I installed a breaker a while back that makes this pretty easy to do but regardless, I've heard a handful of stories about welding on vehicles with everything hooked up and weird electrical gremlins starting shortly thereafter. I'm definitely not an EE but I'd rather be safe than sorry and it only takes a moment.

Atrais

Adventurer
How much would you charge to make another rear bumper? I don't think I can tackle this on my own. Yours looks awesome

Thanks man I honestly have no idea what I'd charge, it's a ****load of work haha. The guys that do this regularly are WAY more skilled than me to be able to replicate it like they do.

colorado matt

Adventurer
i am needing a floor to my roof rack also .... will be interested to see what you come up with ... I am actually leaning towards redwood slats .... Matt

Atrais

Adventurer
i am needing a floor to my roof rack also .... will be interested to see what you come up with ... I am actually leaning towards redwood slats .... Matt

I've been eyeing some of the FarmTek flooring I keep hearing about. Supposedly UV stable and light which I like.

colorado matt

Adventurer
I've been eyeing some of the FarmTek flooring I keep hearing about. Supposedly UV stable and light which I like.

I saw some chicken coop flooring ... maybe the same stuff .... cant find it any bigger than 2x4 ... and with my crossbars 2 feet apart not sure how I would make that work

Atrais

Adventurer
The stuff I saw was tiles that you could cut down as needed but still interlock (I believe). I need to go have another look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger