Audio guru help needed

drol87

Hi all

I am having a problem, I am mid build on my 4x4 fuso camper. I have allowed for a second head unit in the rear but I have only allowed space in the switch panel/cabinet for a single din stereo head unit, and it seems no one in any audio shops can find me a simple bluetooth head unit that has rear input anymore?

neither aux or RCA, all have said only the double din screen units now have an audio in on the rear.

Most have front Aux as standard now but not rear, and that is not exactly going to look tidy, a little aux cable popping out of the cabinet around into the front of the head unit...

I am wanting to run the sound from my TV through the stereo speakers in the rear as I really cant stand standard tv audio quality, I figured the easiest way to do this would be using the audio out on the tv rca's to a rear aux in a decent head unit with a remote.

so I am really wanting advice, is there another way i can amplify the tv audio output and use the same speakers as the stereo and just buy a basic bluetooth head unit for my music etc, Or does anyone know of a head unit that has bluetooth, a remote and rear aux input?

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
Put a flush mount jack wired to the rear of the unit into a nearby surface.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

ILIAN

Adventurer
I have a Jensen Heavy Duty JHD3630BT head unit with front and rear input. This is the one with the most options and a bit expensive but check their other models if you don't need Sat radio etc.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Pioneer DEH-X8700BS has AUX input on the rear via a 3.5mm jack.

This Lepai unit isn't the best quality but would serve the purpose. You would need to get a DC-to-DC converter (which Parts Express does sell.)

sonixelectronics.com allows you to specify your desires, on the left side of the page, and there is a range of units that have rear audio inputs. Remote controls are common, even in the sub-$100 units.

BTW, for me 'decent' would only be attainable with an external amplifier. Even with the 'best' headunits, the internal amp is a severe compromise. But the current crop of cheap Class D amps are a definite step up, and you'll easily find a space for one or two (sub) of them.

Don't forget, HDMI has audio, and most A/V inputs can be used without a video input.

rayra

Expedition Leader
How about a simple A/B selector switch, have your speakers fed by both devices and just hit a button for which source you want to hear?

There's all kinds of styles and types.

$_35.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger