Aussie Ford Ranger

Brendon Mills

Very correct, the Thailand built ranger is not available in the US.
When purchased new it came with better options than a HILUX and was close to 10K cheaper as well.

Out for a beach run with a group of Ford Ranger's and Mazda BT50 owners
e3y3e8ur.jpg

namy9agu.jpg

And a bush trip
uzupuhu6.jpg

7ezu3y4u.jpg

Cheers
MILLSY

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
That's a good looking Ranger. Never really liked the version available here in the States.

wyojoe

Adventurer
Brandon,

That's a very nice Ranger you have there. It's really a shame that Ford did not offer anything like it in the U.S. It's also a shame that none of the manufacturers produced a "mid-size" diesel pickup here.

I like your truck in both configurations, but I'm curious why you made the changes you did.

I have a Chevy Colorado crew cab 4x4 that I hope to set up somewhat like the way your Ranger was with the drawers in the bed. The drop down fridge slider is really neat, too. That is a great way to go, and would work very well with my Jumping Jack tent trailer.

Thanks for posting.

Brendon Mills

Thanks guys, the reason for the change in look is because I'm selling the Ranger and have purchased a new Ranger to build up into a touring vehicle, so most of the gear will be refitted to the new dual cab Ranger.
Here's a picture of the new Ranger, it's the run out model from 2011 and was an ex FoMoCo demonstrator vehicle so picked it up for 32K AUD
agurezy5.jpg

Hound

Sheepdog
Good looking rig you got there. Congrats to you on the new acquisition. May it serve you well.

Mitubitchy 3.5

Adventurer
Hi Brendon,

is the newer PX Ranger so much more expensive then the old one in Australia?

Here in Germany Ford try hard to established the new Ranger beside the HiLux, Amarok and
Nissan Navarra ( Frontier in the US) so I get my new one 33% under the official Price...

Good luck with your new Rig:ylsmoke:

Stephan

Brendon Mills

Thanks guys.
At that rate I should move over there.
The old model PK 2011 that I just got was $39k plus on road cost, the new PX is around $50k plus on road cost.

Mitubitchy 3.5

Adventurer
Wow, this is expensive.

I`ve paid 23.000 € for my PX, nearly the same Price as for a two Year old Modell here in Germany...

Stephan

Brendon Mills

Up date on the new build up.
Painted the grill black
syreduhu.jpg

Fitted the rims & MTZ from the old ute
ynetyzur.jpg

Fitted cargo draws,canopy & new aux battery.
e4e4u4a3.jpg

usezaqy5.jpg

epyda9ur.jpg

6yde5yne.jpg

Brendon Mills

Then fitted track mount roof rails and fitted the 80watt panel direct to the Rhino Rack feet. This will feed into either the start or aux battery.
ema2e8yr.jpg

nuzyta5a.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Regarding your Ranger, I have only one thing to say:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Also love the scenery.

Touring Australia by 4x4 is on my "bucket list" but at this rate I will have to win the lottery or inherit a million $$ from some rich relative in order to do it.

It's like God made an entire continent out of Moab. :Wow1: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears