Aussie H6 lifted Outback

ggvfr

Hi guys, given the positive reception given to Superu I thought I'd share some photos and info on my Subaru...

subytrip005ajw8.jpg

Mods to date (started about 2years ago...)

2" Scorpion body lift
HD King Springs
Whiteline strut brace
Subaxtreme Bullbar
Subaxtreme Sumpguard
Hella ff75 fog lights
Thule Roof Rack
Roll out awning/shelter
Switchable ABS
16" Forester steel rims (replacing the soft alloys)
General Grabber AT2's

Reverse Camera
7" lcd in dash monitor
JVC usb/mp3 cd player
JVC mp3 12 stacker
Navman GPS
Uniden 40ch UHF CB
Tint
Custom spare mount (to carry "oversize" spare)

ARB Compressor
Black Rat hand winch
Snatch strap
Tree protector
Shackles
Snatch Block
- all carried in the previously used spare wheel well

Waeco 50ltr fridge
Modded air intake

Soon to come -
Snorkel
Whiteline HD rear swaybar

subytrip012vl9.jpg

subyshade025jj1.jpg

I'm on a couple of other forums and have noticed a few familiar names/vehicles here - sorry guys for subjecting you to these photos again but it's kinda cool to get feedback and maybe pass on ideas.

...and the final shot... yep, Suby does get used as it wasn't intended

subyclimbing026mx9.jpg

Cheers from Downunder :beer:
Garry

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Welcome Aboard! :beer:

Another Subaru that is absolutley amazing:exclaim: I had no idea you could make a Subaru do and look like that, too cool:luxhello:

Make me want to Rally! :imagesCADZQMBJ:

ggvfr

N8URE2 said:
Great looking Suby!
Who makes that awning?

Cheers and thanks guys.

The awning has been the topic of much discussion on some suby forums... I picked it up at a KMart clearance centre here in Australia. It is the Motorpro brand, which I believe to be an in-house item.

At the time I purchased it it had been reduced from over $250 down to $60 (Australian). There were a few more available but when I posted about it no-one was interested - until they saw it in the flesh but, by then they were sold out. Occasionally they appear on eBay here for anything from $100 to $200.

I'm wrapt with it, and it was very useful on a wet camping weekend...

offroadsubarus3rdbirthdmo9.jpg

offroadsubarus3rdbirthdxk6.jpg

Unfortunately I think it's a discontinued line...

Cheers
Garry

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
ggvfr said:
The awning has been the topic of much discussion on some suby forums... I picked it up at a KMart clearance centre here in Australia. It is the Motorpro brand, which I believe to be an in-house item.

At the time I purchased it it had been reduced from over $250 down to $60 (Australian). There were a few more available but when I posted about it no-one was interested - until they saw it in the flesh but, by then they were sold out. Occasionally they appear on eBay here for anything from $100 to $200.

I'm wrapt with it, and it was very useful on a wet camping weekend...

Unfortunately I think it's a discontinued line...

Cheers
Garry

You have cool KMarts if you can buy that there.

Here they have cheap just auto accessories specializing in cup holder. Cheap clothes cheap tents and not much else.

TeleScooby

Adventurer
Welcome Gerry!

I love seeing what you do to your subbies down in Aus...you guys get all the good accessories! Subaextreme shut down before I could get my hands on a sump guard or bullbars...and the newly reincarnated company isn't making bars for '06+ Fozzies...

Anyway, great looking Subie! Keep us posted on your future mods -

Jesse

durango_60

Explorer
All these sick Subarus are making my wife nervous as I am now looking at her Outback in a whole different light!!!

Maddmatt

Explorer
durango_60 said:
All these sick Subarus are making my wife nervous as I am now looking at her Outback in a whole different light!!!

Me too. She accepted the IPF aluminum skid plate I put on this winter, but when I showed her these pictures this morning she just rolled her eyes and left the room. :confused:

Now I'm thinking I need to spend some quality internet time and put a mod list together.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Yeeaa! Garry, I'm glad you posted up. :coffeedrink:

That is a sweet ride you have there. I love the bullbar and that awning. If those awnings were available here, I imagine they would sell like hotcakes.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I wana know more about the body lift. Was it really straight forward or did you have to start extending brake and electrical lines and hoses, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger