Autohome Air-Sky 360 Disappointment

Brad2064

Bottoms line: my brand new large Air-Sky 360 leaks like a sieve.
Background: I currently live in Germany and ordered through an Autohome authorized dealer Canvaz.de. I paid extra to have the tent shipped to my house where I unboxed it and waited for a couple weeks for decent weather and a buddy to come over one evening to help me lift it on my rack.
The night we installed it we got a little bit of rain. The next morning I woke up excited to open up the tent and check it out. The moment I climbed up the ladder and opened the flap I could smell something wasn’t right. Sure enough half the mattress was wet and a couple of the pillows. Trying to determine how the water got in I immediately look to the roof hatch/window and see a water soaked roof lining all the way around the hatch. Also water in the screen sliding mechanism and rusted bolts that attach the mechanism to the hatch frame. Additionally the remaining roof lining was very loose and hanging down a bit.
I contacted the dealer immediately with videos and expressed my frustration. They speak with Autohome and get back with me a week later. The solution is to ship it all the way back to Italy to get it fixed and then send it all the way back to me. Additional damage during this journey seems extremely high and unnecessary to me not to mention a month+ that I would be without my brand new RTT. I called Autohome direct who would not speak to me and said I had to go through my dealer. I asked my dealer if they could request authorization from Autohome to send me a new tent and take my old tent back. Autohome denied this request.
I’m trying to remain calm but this just seems like horrible service for a company that has been around as long as it has. Not to mention producing a tent that has such horrible QC. When inspecting where the water could be coming from it looks the the outer ring where the hatch mounts has no gasket or caulking and in some places there is a 1/4 gap between the fiberglass and aluminum hatch flange.

Thanks for listening and a warning before you purchase this flagship model from Autohome.

alia176

Explorer
I'm sorry for this BS, not what you paid for and waited so long. Please post up the pics, might help out others and perhaps gain some ideas.

Brad2064

This water damage goes all the way around the hatch. It then leaked on to the mattress below.
IMG_3676.jpeg

Last edited:

Brad2064

Hopefully you can tell from the picture but this is the aluminum shroud of the hatch and the black is the exterior fiberglass shell/roof. No gasket or caulking. I can’t tell if there is something under the aluminum but from the leaking I suspect not.
IMG_3678.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman