Autohome no customer service

Happykamper

Explorer
Mep I feel for you. You should not in my opinion have to go looking for parts. I myself will self fix things that I can rather then go to manufacturer when I can. But that's just me. I wonder if a few of us started a contact project from the portal asking Autohome to simply contact you would hep. Sometimes sheer numbers help. From there possibly the two of you can hash out a fix.
Just an idea. PM if you think that might help.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I have contacted Autohome in Italy via their contact page and by e-mail. No reponse.

As for being busy for EXPO , they have the smallest and least elaborate display I've seen in the past.

Wait, have you contacted Autohome US? The actual stateside distributor?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Wait, have you contacted Autohome US? The actual stateside distributor?

Certainly. I reset my e-mail from a year ago and asked if I was going to get an response . The reply was "I thought we did, and shipped them. If not we can order another one for you. I'll double check they are not in the warehouse somewhere." I'm still waiting for an answer.

-Andrew

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mep I feel for you. You should not in my opinion have to go looking for parts. I myself will self fix things that I can rather then go to manufacturer when I can. But that's just me. I wonder if a few of us started a contact project from the portal asking Autohome to simply contact you would hep. Sometimes sheer numbers help. From there possibly the two of you can hash out a fix.
Just an idea. PM if you think that might help.

Thanks . I am a fix it myself guy but for a part to break so quickly I feel the vendor should support their product. Especially a high end special order tent. I had to publicly shame them a while back when I was looking for a new travel cover. After 20 years my first cover was wrecked by the sun. After a couple of months they relented and i was able to get a new cover. Then the trailer flipped . I had to order a new tent in 2013.

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
Mep,

Oops, sorry, I'm a water guy, I agree, wouldn't make sense to have a marine store in the desert. I didn't look at where you live.

I went through my stash of eyelets and found what I think you are looking for.

IMG_1354.jpg

I would be happy to send you these, unless AutoHome changed the tent substantially, they should fit, send me a PM with your address. There isn't much strength in these, but even if the plastic doesn't break, the screws would pull out, so I'm not convinced steel eyelets would be better. These need major reinforcement as the lever arm of each pole is something like three feet. The fix I performed on my old tent was using the eyelet as a drill guide, I simply drilled into the square steel reinforcement tube behind. The pole end will slide in another inch into the steel, now you have something that will stand up to higher winds. This only works on the ladder side because the steel support tube is right there but this is the side that you usually set the "awning".

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
PM sent thanks. I always look at West marine when I am in Florida to see if there is something I can use for my setup.

I reset Andrew my e-mail from last year and he answered and thought he had ordered the parts and sent them . He said he would look into it.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
Well, I damaged my ladder a couple of weeks ago. I live in Canada, and phoned the Dealer in Quebec. The biggest problem was English/French communication! But he did
send me a new ladder within the day, and it takes 3 days to ship across Canada. If I were in the states and having trouble I'd try the Canadian guy.
I did send two enquiries to the US dealer when I bought me tent last year second hand which came from them. I never did get an answer........I just won't ever go back to them. J

coulter6

Observer
I've needed to contact Autohome US 3 times and every time they have responded promptly. Andrew has replied to my emails within a few days, even once on a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998