Auxiliary fuel tank for LR4

mcieplinski

Adventurer
Hi All,

I am researching options for an auxiliary fuel tank for an LR4. I know that there are few options in Australia but was wondering if anybody knows of US importers/distributors of such fuel tanks. Also - are there any issues with using a diesel designed aux fuel tank for a gas LR4?

Thanks for any input.

Best,

Michal

unseenone

Explorer
I think you can get it from frontrunner. If not, I could get it next shipment from SA for you. You may have to special order it, I doubt it is stocked. You can also try Justin @ lucky8llc.com and Josh at british4x4outfitters.com I wouldn't try them all, as I imagine they're all getting them from the same place.

www.frontrunneroutfitters.com

http://www.frontrunner.co.za/front-...and-rover-discovery-lr3-lr4.html#.U2RNMMef-kw

There are also others made, you will most likely find them in Australia.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The Long Ranger Tank is available through ARB, however, my understanding is that due to liability, you have to have it installed by a specific shop in California (no matter where you live in the US- caveat emptor, this is hear say)
Go to ARB's site.
D

unseenone

Explorer
I highly doubt that, it seems ridiculous. I do know a few people have mentioned having them, very few. Sign a waiver. I didn't notice it on ARB US or AU web sites..

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I thought the very same thing. As stated. That is hear say.
Call them.
It is a great tank if you have your spare mounted elsewhere.
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears