Auxiliary indicator lamp on

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
I've just had an indicator lamp come on which I don't think makes sense. It's called the "Auxiliary indicator lamp" and the manual says "The warning lamp will light up if there is insufficient pressure in the compressed air circuit for auxiliary consumers". However both pressure gauges are showing good pressure (>11bar).

I cant hear any leaks.

Any ideas?

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Sounds like a faulty switch for activating the lamp.
I should clarify I know next to nothing about MB trucks, but if a light comes on and goes out based on pressure, I can't think of any way it's operated other than by a switch that's pressure operated.

Last edited:

Joe917

Explorer
Sometimes on start up that light comes on on my 917 while both needles are around 7bar. The light then goes off and the gauges continue up to 8 bar. Auxiliary consumers would be;air bags, air seat,etc. The light only ever comes on at start up.
If I remember correctly you have an electric compressor as well as the engine mounted. Can you get the light to go off with the electric alone? Are the pressure gauges and the aux lamp fed by the same sensor? on the same tank? Just bouncing ideas.
Joe.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Running the engine for a short while makes it go out and it then stays off for a couple of days. I'm thinking that's just fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears