Availability of 200/300 TDI engine parts in NA

nickw

Adventurer
I see that the TDI engines are a popular swap for US guys for obvious reasons. But something I have been wondering for a while, what is it like to get parts for those engines? Can you get parts from a local LR dealer or are they all special order?

Along those same lines, does anybody have any experience sourcing parts for the new 2.8 International?

Thanks-

N

SuperSoniC_110

Observer
nickw said:
I see that the TDI engines are a popular swap for US guys for obvious reasons. But something I have been wondering for a while, what is it like to get parts for those engines? Can you get parts from a local LR dealer or are they all special order?

Along those same lines, does anybody have any experience sourcing parts for the new 2.8 International?

Thanks-

N
parts for 2.8 are more difficult, also here in europe.

UK companies like craddock/paddock etc ship worldwide for a few bucks.

nickw

Adventurer
JackW said:
Rovers Down South and Rovers North both keep a pretty good stock of Tdi parts.

Are oil filters, fuel filters and consumable items special order, or can they be sourced from a LR dealer?

K2RVR

Adventurer
Nick, The oil filter that was supplied to me for my 300TDI was a Mann W930/20

The Fuel Filter is a Bosch N4106

I think these can be sourced at local parts shops but if not I can find a source for you. I am sure Rovers North would have them. I am pretty sure my mechanic got them for me locally in Yakima Wa.

Todd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle