Aviod JC Whitney

I thought I would warn fellow auto enthusiasts about buying parts online from JC Whitney. I ordered a tool box online, that said it was a "custom direct fit" for my 03 Nissan Frontier XE. It was exactly what I wanted so i ordered it. When the tool box arrived, I was distressed to find out it did not fit. It was in fact to wide. I called JC Whitney and was told I would get a return label. IT never came. Twice more I called and was told the same thing. When I called the fourth time I asked to speak to a customer service supervisor to find out the hold up. It turns out that because they have it listed at 95lbs, I have to pay $160 for return shipping. As it turns out the box only weighs 40lbs, but they don't believe me. I was also told that it was my fault, and that even thought it was listed as a "custom direct fit" for my truck I should have measured it. I was told furthermore, that all parts on there website can't be trusted and should be measured with part numbers double checked by the manufacturer. Somehow I feel if I called Nissan they would have said not to buy crap parts from JC Whitney, but thats just a guess. My point being, Buyer Beware. I also plan on sending it back thru fedex ground and believe once weighed the shipping will be significantly less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears