Awesome Ford roaming around Jackson

ttengineer

Adventurer
The biggest advantage with the PCOR flatbed/canopy is that it’s Keyed and fob’d to the factory keyless entry. It’s a small thing, but to me makes a big difference in fit and finish.

It is however very expensive.

Flat bed - $14,390

3/4 Canopy - $17,990

Drop Down Kitchen - $1,990

Total: $34,370 USD + tax

That’s not even remotely reasonable if you as me.

Maybe there is more going on with this thing that we can see but right now, needless to say, I’ve personally got major sticker shock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yea I looked into the PCOR as well and I didn't close my mouth after my jaw dropped for an entire week. The system being tied to the lock on your vehicle is certainly nice, but not to the tune of a $15K price hike (my opinion of how over priced the unit is). A flat bed with a canopy like that is certainly better/more durable than your standard fiberglass shell and drawer system, but when even the best shell on the market combined with the best drawers is more than 60% cheaper, it makes that option much more attractive regardless of how much less durable it is.

I don't see a lot of PCOR units selling state-side, personally, if I am going to spend near $30K or more, I will be calling Maineline Overland to pick up a new Silver Spur FWC Hawk. I'll save a few thousand dollars and I'll still have the option to move that system on and off of the truck with no modification and with ability to use it on other vehicles as well.

Clutch

<---Pass
The biggest advantage with the PCOR flatbed/canopy is that it’s Keyed and fob’d to the factory keyless entry. It’s a small thing, but to me makes a big difference in fit and finish.

It is however very expensive.

Flat bed - $14,390

3/4 Canopy - $17,990

Drop Down Kitchen - $1,990

Total: $34,370 USD + tax

That’s not even remotely reasonable if you as me.

Maybe there is more going on with this thing that we can see but right now, needless to say, I’ve personally got major sticker shock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And have to live on the outside of the vehicle...for $34K...that doesn't even include a RTT either, right?

You can get a nice Alaskan for that...and be far more comfortable.

ttengineer

Adventurer
That’s true too. It does not include any shelter accommodations.

I really do like the idea of a flat bed with the flip down sides though and the added storage boxes are an extra feature that most American flat beds lack. It’s especially nice if you do use your truck as a truck.

Although you’d have to tie down the majority of loads unlike a traditional pickup style bed which sits below the wheel wells. But the PCOR does include tie down track which is also another nice addition.

It’s certainly a very well thought out product. I’m just still in awe over the MSRP.

The best way to do one though would be to buy a chassis cab and add the tray. Since a chassis cab is around 8-10k cheaper than a pickup. And I doubt you could get that much for a used pickup bed.

A Ram Laramie 4x4 Crew cab Chassis cab plus the PCOR would put you around the $90k mark. So still expensive but more reasonable I guess. Still shockingly expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch

<---Pass
That’s true too. It does not include any shelter accommodations.

I really do like the idea of a flat bed with the flip down sides though and the added storage boxes are an extra feature that most American flat beds lack. It’s especially nice if you do use your truck as a truck.

Although you’d have to tie down the majority of loads unlike a traditional pickup style bed which sits below the wheel wells. But the PCOR does include tie down track which is also another nice addition.

It’s certainly a very well thought out product. I’m just still in awe over the MSRP.

The best way to do one though would be to buy a chassis cab and add the tray. Since a chassis cab is around 8-10k cheaper than a pickup. And I doubt you could get that much for a used pickup bed.

A Ram Laramie 4x4 Crew cab Chassis cab plus the PCOR would put you around the $90k mark. So still expensive but more reasonable I guess. Still shockingly expensive though.

There is no question a flatbed is immensely more useful than a traditional pickup bed....but not at that price. Like I said...for that much, you can buy a nice camper and get in out of the weather. Maybe they don't have weather in OZ? :p

Guess cooking on the tailgate with an old Coleman stove isn't good enough for some people... :D

Can't imagine paying $34K for a glorified version of this.

arkan4a.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Ha ha! So do I! Though recently I have moved all the cook gear inside the camper...standing outside in the wind and the rain/snow gets a little old. Didn't pay anywhere near that PCOR price to do so.

I even have those old lawn chairs too. Don't need to pay $90K for these views...

42503857_10156740277474630_2512112649009889280_n.jpg

Those chairs take me back to my childhood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman