axe and shovel mounts

stick

Adventurer
I'm looking for some good mounts for mounting an axe and shovel to a flat surface. It seems like most of the mounts I find are for mounting the tools to a roof rack. Anyone have any suggestions?

TxRider

Observer
You could always grab a military pioneer rack like the old dodges used..

Can usually find the, as well as shovel pick and axe, on ebay or at one the power wagon parts sites.

tool6.jpg

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
I use a locking axe+shovel mount made by Olympic 4x4.

vr101.jpg

They also make racks for various other tool combinations, like sledge hammer and maddock...

vr102.jpg

...or shovel, axe, sledge hammer, and maddock!

vr103.jpg

slooowr6

Explorer
Green Ganesha said:
I use a locking axe+shovel mount made by Olympic 4x4.

vr101.jpg

They also make racks for various other tool combinations, like sledge hammer and maddock...

vr102.jpg

...or shovel, axe, sledge hammer, and maddock!

vr103.jpg

Where did you get it? I can't find any place sales it. Thanks!

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
slooowr6 said:
Where did you get it? I can't find any place sales it. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I ordered it, or find the catalog it came from. The Olympic 4x4 site says they are only sold to military and municipal accounts, and not available to the general public. This wasn't the case when I purchased mine, but perhaps is now. I did a lot of Googling, and checked all of Olympic's "Where to Buy" links, and came up empty-handed.

It's a great rack, lockable, but easy to quickly open. I hope they're still out there somewhere....

slooowr6

Explorer
I did the same, none of the retailer list in "Where to buy" has it. I'll shoot Olympic 4x4 a mail and see what's the deal now.

Thx

FlyingWen

Explorer
Terracoma said:
That looks suspiciously like the shovel mount used by a well-known white Double-Cab owner that frequents these parts...

That is exactly what I was thinking....now if I could only think of that guys name.... LOL

slooowr6

Explorer
slooowr6 said:
I did the same, none of the retailer list in "Where to buy" has it. I'll shoot Olympic 4x4 a mail and see what's the deal now.

Thx

Got response back from Olympic 4x4. The info on the web site is correct. They only take order of 100 or more for that rack. :(

Green Ganesha said:

Funny timing, we have three US Forestry trucks in the shop right now and I thought these would be so cool to have on my rig. Bummer we can't find these for the general public.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
If someone can post dimensions of the Olympic or pioneer rack, I'll get my own fabricated so as to fit the tools I have.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78