AZ - Massive trail Closures

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
The Following came off of TTORA's Board... A few of you may be interested in this:

What is at stake:
  • They have already closed Jaw Breaker
  • They would like to close Lower Woodpecker and Overdose.
  • They are also talking about H2H not being a road in 1980 despite the stone footings in the area.

As many of you know, your letters regarding the Valentines Day meeting brought results. BLM will still host the Valentines Day meeting in Chandler but we also demanded, and got, another meeting now confirmed for SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25th from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Industrial Commission Building auditorium located at 800 W. Washington downtown Phoenix.

It will be counted as part of the planned "Listening" meetings so our responses and/or questions will count. Each will have 3 minutes to speak if you wish and we all will be available to the answers. Our most crucial issues will revolve around the MIDDLE GILA AREA (FLORENCE JUNCTION). I will host a meeting a week or so prior to enable us to put together a united paper and list of questions that are important to all.

It is IMPORTANT we get as many RED SHIRTS there as possible................. The auditorum will hold 110 so lets pack it! The retainment of our access AND favorite trails will depend on this. I know Tucson office is already planning on closing Lower Woodpecker, Over Dose, Woody's Wash, Broken Ankle and probably others. YOU HAVE A VOICE.

crawldit

Adventurer
This is posted up on the AZVJC as well. We're hoping for 100 people from the club to show but so far only have like 16 :rolleyes: We need to get a sea of Red shirts there people. Let's show these land groups that we'll fight for our trails :gunt:

crawldit

Adventurer
AZVJC has 27 signed up now. With all the other local clubs we should have a pretty packed house.:beer:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
BMAN said:
I will be there with a few others in our red shirts!

BMan-
Want to carpool? I might need to head to Pioria area for some welding (since I dont have a welder) to fab up a bracket after the meeting. Let me know.

BMAN

Adventurer
Will,

I'm actually already planning a carpool with a couple of other guys from the club. And I really need to get back out here ASAP after the meeting. What do ya need welded? If it's not structural stuff I might could zap it together for ya. My weldin skills are lacking but I'm sure fun to hang out with.;)

We're leaving here around noonish. Give me a shout 602-763-0529

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12