b16gsr build thread 2000 XJ 4 door SE expedition rig

b16gsr

When I saw it was a 2000 I was thinking you should have waited for a 99 -- to stay away from those stupid pre-cats and 4 O2 sensors

But I see in one of the pictures underneath -- An O2 sensor after the big cat = Federal emissions with no pre-cats

Nice find for sure

Yup Federal Emissions rig. I got lucky on several different levels with this one. Couldn't be happier.

Brought it down off the lift to vacuum and get the floor mats installed, as well as the window visors. The interior in this thing is so mint I just can not be happier.

After a quick vacuum

Way way cool find of the day.

b16gsr

More parts are arriving.

The front signals were shot and leaking so it was time to fix them up. I also got the new headlights and all the ZEVO LED bulbs for all the exterior lighting.

Swapped the strobes over.

Onto the headlights.

My tire salesman was highly impressed.
Low beam:

High beam:

All finished up.

Got my new antenna as well.

b16gsr

Finally had some time to work on it, she has been named Tennessee Volunteer. Kind of fits with the past history. She had been ready and waiting.

And so we begin. All of the hardware came out with zero issues.

Rear going back together.

You can see the damage to the 1/4 i found after removing the bumper corner. :/

All done out back.

New rolling stock is assembly as next.

Drained the oil to do the RMS, pan gasket and valve cover gasket.

And they finally met.

Managed to preserve the diaper. Skid needs a little cleaning.

Onto the front. Taking the bumper off while doing the lift.

b16gsr

Using force to get the springs in and out.

Front done minus the stabilizer and end links.

Hopefully this week I will get to the rest of the stuff so I can get it back on the ground.

b16gsr

paroxysym

Adventurer
hell of a find man, congrats on the jeep. just curious- why go with a zone lift when theres much more reputable and better lifts out there?

b16gsr

hell of a find man, congrats on the jeep. just curious- why go with a zone lift when theres much more reputable and better lifts out there?

i have owned the zone lift on 5 of my XJs and have always been pleased. The Rubicon Express is over priced, Rough Country and Skyjacker are trash, Rustys is a rough riding, IRO is good but too expensive for this build, not sure what else that leaves.

crooked barrel

Great build so far and your light blue xj is a true dream ride. I wish mine was that clean. What headlights are those? They don’t look like the truck lites you said you were planning? Also, how about the antenna? I’m in the market to replace my broken one. Thanks for the info!

b16gsr

Great build so far and your light blue xj is a true dream ride. I wish mine was that clean. What headlights are those? They don’t look like the truck lites you said you were planning? Also, how about the antenna? I’m in the market to replace my broken one. Thanks for the info!

Well thank you. I love the 2 door, I have owned it longer than any of the others and I just love it. I ended up getting a recommendation from another forum member and gave them a try, they are pretty impressive for $90. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BWBRDJ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Antenna is here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CIFLVI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heres a couple fresh pics of the 2 door, I am really pleased with how it turned out after being backed into. Not bad for right at 200k miles.

paroxysym

Adventurer
i have owned the zone lift on 5 of my XJs and have always been pleased. The Rubicon Express is over priced, Rough Country and Skyjacker are trash, Rustys is a rough riding, IRO is good but too expensive for this build, not sure what else that leaves.

old man emu, though expensive has always been my go-to. but i agree with your take of the lifts mentioned above

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998