Back at 4x4, 313CDI 4x4 Sprinter

kdj

Observer
What are you using to do the body work? Is it lead solder? Thats a lost art here in the states.

Not sure on the right english term, the translator says "tinning". I think that`s probably right cause it sounds a lot like the german "verzinnen".

But, it`s a lost art here too. We don`t do it at work anymore, just use bondo, cheaper and faster...

Got it back today. Failed poorly putting the rear windows back in. I`m used to doinf windshields and used as much glue as i would on a windshield. Well, won`t be really visible anymore when i`m done with all the stuff on the rear doors. At least it won`t leak for sure......

27980723fc.jpg

Also got the new high beams, lightbar is still missing:

27980759lh.jpg

And a teaser, trying to get some better pics on saturday:

27980772eg.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Steinez, i like the new ride! Looks like you already have done a lot of work to that beast. It should be cool to see what you do to the inside of that van. Just curious why you bought a bed for the truck instead of just building something? Anyways I look forward to watching your build. Cheers, chilli..:)

Way easier to buy it than to build it. This one was exactly like i wanted it so i didn`t think half a second about building it myself.

Put insulation in the passenger door today:

27988729kf.jpg

Took it for a spin to my other shop:

27988751sr.jpg

Didn`t stop cutting stuff away until those thing´s fit back in:

27988752cz.jpg

There`s not much left, but will do for now. Not sure what to do about in the future though...

27988763dn.jpg

Had some snowy roads while driving home:

27988767dr.jpg

Had a lot of fun with it:

27988768qh.jpg

Had an idea about how to built the roof cover. Couldn`t wait so i bought some stuff and tried it. First i cut the clear plastic to fit:

27996133ds.jpg

This is how it`ll go in:

27996134ae.jpg

Going to cover it with some more film poster, maps and stuff.

Also put in my front window mats:

27996138im.jpg

The rear ones will be custom made for me by a german company:

thermomaterial-apona-polygon-ice-schwarz-large.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan