Back from Pismo: beach and sand dunes

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
Excuse the annoying speck of sand on the sensor.

On the beach
beachkn7.jpg

Playing in the sand
dune01dp8.jpg

dune02qv9.jpg

dune03uf0.jpg

fzj80ng4.jpg

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
When you say jump, we say how high.
jumpie1.jpg

Pose
poseqm4.jpg

Broken driveshaft on the green 72 Bronco
broken01dr7.jpg

Pulled the rear driveshaft off and ended up limping in FWD mode
broken02xi6.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Right on, how was the crowd? Did you camp? Last time i was there, i swore not to go back cause quads were practically flying through our camp and then someone got stuck right behind our tent all night. It sucked.

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
SOCALFJ said:
Right on, how was the crowd? Did you camp? Last time i was there, i swore not to go back cause quads were practically flying through our camp and then someone got stuck right behind our tent all night. It sucked.

We camped. Unfortunately all the beach front was taken up and we ended up one row back. It was extremely crowded; I've never seen so many RV's or trailers in one area. It looked like a refugee camp or something due to a mass evacuation.

There was a group next to us that set up an huge area to run their quads in circles literally. How BORING! Just like NASCAR. I so wanted to tell them to get out into the dunes and have some fun instead of making all the noise at camp on top of telling them that they're taking up too much space. Fortunately they only ran from late morning to mid afternoon.

But other than that, it was fun. I'd recommend going during the week instead of during the weekend to avoid the large crowds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12