Backcountry Navigator for Droid

Sawyer

Adventurer
So, this thread (Linky) turned me on to Backcountry for my droid phone. I just downloaded the app and installed it on my phone. The maps from MyTopo.com are really nice. But, I am still fairly new to the whole phone navigation thing. But, I thought I would start a thread that can be a resource for those of us starting to use this program. If you have a question about using it, post up a question. If you have been using it for a while, please post up little tips and tricks you have found to get the most out of it.

I'll go first since it has been on my phone all of an hour....

When I zoom out to select areas I want to download, it will only let me zoom out 16miles. Is there a way to change that? I would like to select a larger area to store in my phone. For example, I am heading to Moab next week for CM11. I wanted to download the topo of the area. But, I can only zoom out so far and then have to select multiple areas to download separately. Is there a better more efficient way to do this?

nvprospector

Adventurer
Chrismc is right in that the devolper does not ignore your issues or questions. If you find a bug in the system, there is usally an update with in a day or two.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears