Bad Parenting

Nick02

you should see some of the goofballs that get enrolled in COLLEGE!!...how do they get along in life without a full-time aid?..cant do laundry? cant cook? no idea how to do anything but play video games and text on the phone!:drool:

Now, imagine being forced to have that "person" as your roommate for one year. :Wow1:

cmgraves

Observer
One thing that really gets to me is when I see infants and toddlers locked up in the back seat while good ole mamma and papa are in the front seat smoking away as its nothing. Just makes me sick thinking the damange that is causing to those developmenting lungs and the problems that it will create down the road.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
On the way home from work on Friday afternoon I see a younger woman with a double baby-buggy standing on the sidewalk at an intersection. This was the kind of buggy that a toddler sits up front, and then a baby in a reclined position sits up at a higher position.
So, they are pointed away from the direction of the road, but just standing there with momma looking across the road. The light changes so that she can cross, and she sort of half-jogs across the street leaving the buggy on the sidewalk with the kids just sitting there. :Wow1:
I'm sitting in my Jeep watching this and thinking the buggy could have rolled back down the little sidewalk ramp, or someone could have hopped out and snatched up one of the kids.
I was dumbfounded as to why she would run off like that, and as I'm thinking these thoughts, I look over to where momma was going and she picked up a teddy bear the toddler must have dropped.

If it was me, I would have just wheeled the buggy back and risked getting stuck on the other side of the road WITH my two children... :rolleyes:

dport

Adventurer
Story from a buddy who is a school resource officer.

Yes, ms. ???, this is your son's SRO. I was calling about your son's facebook page.

Yes, I'm not too fond of some of the lanuage he uses on there.

Well, the language is the least of our worries, it's all the gang graffiti and gang signs he posts up.

ooh, well I don't want to shelter him so much that he resents me.

WTH!!!

mesha

Observer
Me...Hello is this mrs. X
parent....yes
me.....I am your sons science teacher
her...why are you calling me?
me....To talk about your son. your son is getting a zero percent in my class right now and is about to be kicked out of the school. He also has been caught cheating. I really like how creative he is and he seems to be social and have a lot of friends. I just dont know how to get him motivated. Do you have any ideas on how we can fix this? I would like to help him succeed.
her...we arent going to do anything.
me ...I am not sure I am understanding you.
her....I am not doing anything. you are the teacher, when he is at school he is your problem.
her....click

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
My wife is a grade 3 teacher, and she's told me some stories about parents not caring. It's pretty sad and not hard to see that those kids don't have much of a future when their own parents don't show them love and support. :(

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I consider large trailers to be bad parenting.

Kids want to go camping, not park a small house in a grass field...ing.

I don't know about the large trailer, some folks (like my buddys wife) just won't go anywhere, unless she has all the conveinences of home:Wow1:

And some folks can't set up tents, or they need a trailer/motorhome to be able to get out.

But I do see your point. Why go 'Glamping', when the point (to me anyway) is to enjoy the outdoors?

When we go camping, we don't bring any electronic games or TV/DVD players.

With my back, I have a hard time seting up a big dome tent, let alone sleeping on the ground, or dragging a cot with.

So, we use the RTT. Easyto set up,and comfortable!

My boys love the outdoors, although my ldest is 20 now, and has his own busy life, my 9 year old loves geting out, even if it's just a night.

'Bad parenting' to me, would be letting the kids be 'vegetables' on the couch, and never get out of the trailer.:snorkel:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I keep trying to post something... but I'm having trouble. Speechless. Thats sickening.... all I got right now.

My eyes swelled up reading that post.

My wife and I just had our first child, a baby girl all healthy and gorgeous. She's 10 days old, tonite . I was able to be the first to dress her, the first to diaper her. I love my wife dearly, I love my parents with all my heart, but I never knew it was possible to feel the way I feel about my new daughter; it is beyond any love I have ever felt before. All you father's out there know what I mean.

May I introduce you to Olivia Lara Lowell.

First Morning

JenandLivsey001.jpg

Adored

JenandLivsey004.jpg

Cherished

JenandLivsey114e.jpg

Cozy in Fleece Blanket Whiteout

JenandLivsey060e.jpg

My Early Christmas: Little Livsey Low and Alpinestars Tech 8's.

JenandLivsey149e.jpg

Love, strength, and courage will be abundent in our household. I do, however, pray for wisdom and continued health.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas everyone.

T.Low

AchillesBogart

Adventurer
I was hiking out to Shi Shi beach and there was a dad with a little kid between 1 and 2 years old in a kid carrier. The little guy was bawling his eyes out, you could hear him from a long ways off, they passed my group and I saw why he was in tears. There is a lot of salmon berry on that trail and the dad would duck under it so he wouldn't get scraped up and the kid would get a face full every time. I felt bad, but at the same time it was funny.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
My wife is a grade 3 teacher, and she's told me some stories about parents not caring. It's pretty sad and not hard to see that those kids don't have much of a future when their own parents don't show them love and support. :(

My dad always told me if I got in trouble at school I would be in worse trouble when I got home. It took me twice to learn he was serious and after that I made sure any trouble I got into I took care of it and my dad didn't hear of it.
I also make my kids leave the video games and stuff at home when we go camping, whats the point of going otherwise. They can sit at home glued to a screen. I have two boys so they don't like that too much, but once we get out camping they more fun than if they were playing video games. My five year old girl on the other hand has no problem roughing it and actually enjoys it the most of my kids and wife.

cruisertoy

Explorer
Me...Hello is this mrs. X
parent....yes
me.....I am your sons science teacher
her...why are you calling me?
me....To talk about your son. your son is getting a zero percent in my class right now and is about to be kicked out of the school. He also has been caught cheating. I really like how creative he is and he seems to be social and have a lot of friends. I just dont know how to get him motivated. Do you have any ideas on how we can fix this? I would like to help him succeed.
her...we arent going to do anything.
me ...I am not sure I am understanding you.
her....I am not doing anything. you are the teacher, when he is at school he is your problem.
her....click
I get this one all the time with Boys Scouts parents.
Her - "Why are you calling me? This is my time to not have to deal with him. Isn't this why I pay you?"
Me-"You don't pay me, I'm a volunteer. And your the parent 24-7. My assistants will be dropping your son off at your home in 15 minutes."

Not really expo related... but I have had two brothers to learn "what not to do".

My oldest brother is the epitome of "trailer park trash". His wife has had 4 kids from 3 different dads (while married to my bro) and yet is still married to my brother. One daughter, at the age of 15 has had a baby and dropped out of school. Same girl by age 16 has another kid and is now married to the 21 year old. A second daughter by age 15 has HPV and at 18 has some of her reproductive organs removed from the resulting damage.

Oh, and did I mention they have a goat that lives inside and outside of the house? Last time I was there, they had not yet cleaned the goats crap off the floor.

Oh, and my brother has been charged (but not convicted) of molesting one of the daughters.

Oh, and they think this is all perfectly normal.

I beat the living piss out of my brother for cussing at my mom and throwing something at her. I talked to him at my dad's funeral for a few minutes. But otherwise haven't talked to him since 2006. Not missing a damned thing either.

One thing I dont understand, we have the same parents. Although they are 17 and 10 years older than me..... so maybe their parenting techniques changed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12