badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

So I woke up this morning to find out that the DOD has effectively cancelled all transfers from one station to the other, which I'm in the middle of, so I'm in a bit of a limbo situation.

I feel your pain. 9 month deployment turning into about 11. Today marked mandatory masks in the chow hall in effect. Real party over as more fun stuff gets closed down and more people get stuck here hahaha

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I feel your pain. 9 month deployment turning into about 11. Today marked mandatory masks in the chow hall in effect. Real party over as more fun stuff gets closed down and more people get stuck here hahaha

Damn dude, I feel your pain. I've had extended deployments, but none where I had to do extra stuff like that. I'm assuming whether you're on a ship or a base all the gyms and MWR buildings are shut down.

Damn dude, I feel your pain. I've had extended deployments, but none where I had to do extra stuff like that. I'm assuming whether you're on a ship or a base all the gyms and MWR buildings are shut down.

So MWR is still open but they’ve taped off every other chair and the gym is open but you have to work out alone. No spotters allowed haha. We’ve got a quarantine area now though, call it Camp Corona haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh **** dude be safe. Drop leave if you absolutely have to!

Current theory I'm operating under is that we already all got this out here. We all got weirdly really sick during flu season despite all having flu shots as we do every year. So we'll see. Your truck has me looking at Raptors now by the way, thank you for that. Time to convince my wife to double the budget....

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Current theory I'm operating under is that we already all got this out here. We all got weirdly really sick during flu season despite all having flu shots as we do every year. So we'll see. Your truck has me looking at Raptors now by the way, thank you for that. Time to convince my wife to double the budget....

I know last season I had the flu tear through my shop pretty quickly. I had 3 or 4 guys go SIQ at once, so maybe a stronger strain came through. I'm not sure though, and with everything going on I don't want to speculate. I thought I had it too because I started feeling sick near the end of the week when everyone else was getting sick, felt horrible all weekend, finally went to medical and explained my systems and they tested me for a few things, but they thought it was strep.... It ended up being mono! ******** I was put on my ass for like 2 weeks. I couldn't believe it. I don't I've had it since high school. People were laughing at it when I told them lol.

Lol good luck convincing the wife. Honestly its a great truck. It does all the truck stuff most people need, is just as luxurious as any of the top trim F150s. The 6.2 does well enough for power and MPG. It also has a really really smooth ride. If you do convince her, I'd say get the 13 or 14 models, as they have upgraded headlights and front differentials.

I just had my transfer case blow up on my Jeep so now I'm trying to convince myself not to sell the Jeep after its repaired.

Yeah I'll be interested to see the antibody tests on all of us out here when it comes out.

My daily is a 1993 Accord so i'm alright spending a little more on gas, tires, and maitenance for a nicer truck haha just looking for a clean one in the low-mid 20s. Don't mind 120-150k miles.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
1700 later and my Jeep is fixed and is gonna be picked up and moved to California next week.

I got tired of being pent up in my hotel and took a long drive (though I didn't get out of my truck) and ended up in the north of Georgia on some trails, funny part was when I had some people get absolutely lost and wind up in the boonies as you can see in the start of my video.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Is it obvious that I like water crossings?

Unlike my previous excursion into the Georgia traverse trail I had at least one camera rolling at all times. I should be able to make a trail video for Charlies Creek in the coming days. Definitely not a hard trail, but with my truck there were definitely some pucker moments.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Here is the full video of Charlies Creek Trail. If you are in Tennessee, Georgia, or South Carolina I highly recommend hitting up the entire Georgia Traverse trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle