Baja 500

bajasurf

Explorer
Two shots taken yesterday at Erendira. Granted these are not photographic gems but this truck roared by me less than 2 feet away. No zoom and the first shot you can get see by my shadow in the photo how close I was. I did have a red T-shirt around my neck so the drivers could see me. I thinks since we are in Mexico he took the red shirt as a bull fighters cape. But it was a great pass and I stood my ground although I did check my pants afterwards.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Dude, im glad to see you posted this. It means you didn't get nailed! Next time step back a little so we can see you live to post up more cool pics!!! Dang!! Too close for comfort.

bajasurf

Explorer
Two Close For Comfort

Looking through all my shots from yesterday's Baja 500 I found more "up close and personal" shots. This was close too as i couldn't get the entire truck in the shot just the front. Seems like most of the Trophy Trucks that made it to Erendira had already lost the front cowlings(is that correct). I think I need to get a new DSLR with a wider lens as this is a 36mm point and shoot digital. Panasonic DMC-FZ7

Last edited:

bajasurf

Explorer
Baja 500 Rock and Roll

A couple more and I hope I am not hogging this site. I am sure there are much better photos than mine but the photographers just haven't had the time to post. Just think of these as an appetizer until the real guys get here. But it was fun and fast and a great show. I truly admire all the racers and support crews. They are the greatest and true world class athletes and gentlemen. That also goes for the Ladies that are involved as support crew and in the race!!!!!

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
CA-RJ said:
Anyone know who won in TT, Class 1 and overall?

#1 overall Robby Bell/ Kendall Norman. Honda CRF450X, 50.55mph
#2 overall and TT class winner B.J. Baldwin (solo) Chevy Silverado, 48.06mph
#3 Mark Post TT 7 seconds behind Baldwin :Wow1:

Vanderwey/LeDuc 11th in TT class

Looks to be a rough 500, looking at the times.

bajasurf

Explorer
Baja 500 Baldwin and Post Trophy Trucks(Erendira)

The first and second place Trophy Trucks at Erendira. These photos have been cropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998