Baja Miata

winkosmosis

Explorer
I posted a thread on miata.net a long time ago about Miata buggies, but I didn't think anyone had really made one. Well someone did.

I'm writting from Tijuana mx. Driving here is like driving on the surface of a golfball! I love driving my 95' Miata, something had to be done. A friend of mine races in the Baja 1000. He installed a four point roll bar and gave it a 3" lift. (pictures will follow). I now own what I believe to be the first "Baja Miata". Based on coments and performance, I don't think that it will be the last. Ive found it quite capable off road. As far as not being four wheel drive? neither are the trophy trucks that they race in the Baja. For now..
I'll keep you posted but, so far so good!
Ianski <><

235/60/15 front, 295/50/15 rear. So far I have'nt Trimed any. But I rub a little when turning and I have only about an 1/8" clarence in the rear! Nothing a grinder, vise grips and a 5 pound mallet wont cure!
<><

bajamiata002-1.jpg

bajamiata003-1.jpg

bajamiata001-3.jpg

Last edited:

compactcamping

Explorer
Having had a Miata, I'll admit the thought crossed my mind. I think it's cool. Although if you really want a small off-road two seater, I'd go for a Suzuki X-90.

96811021990105-480.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears