Baja to Lands End, 2005/06

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
awalter said:
Chuck,
I'll say hi for you, I'm heading back down around 1/20 to set up the Baja Discovery whale camp at Laguna San Ignacio. Work, work ,work it never stops.
:archaeolo

Life is rough! :victory: I love what I do for a living, but I could be swayed to change if you need a field assistant! :D

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Our big Baja thanks go out to:

Scott and Stephanie - for organizing a great expedition and making sure everyone was informed, having a great time, and safe in Mexico. Also and extra big thanks for the stellar New Years Eve dinner and desert :clapsmile

Al - For leading the way through the back roads of Baja - Showing us the magic of the remote missions - Transmitting on the 2-meter radio the various POI's - and for always having a backup for camping spots - also an extra thanks for the Tequila table & Tenderloin :clapsmile

Rob, Cat and Bela - For the smiles and laughs, great conversation, spanish translations, hair shapes and limited dog rights. As well as the excellent Merlot and Salmon Pasta :clapsmile

Randy and Linda - For the always humorous spanish spoken, photography info and amazing photos taken, the bird watching, and the fine BBQ'ed Carnitos :clapsmile

Vince - For the creative Baja bohemian music - the always comic relief on the 2 meter radio - keeping us all up on New Years eve, the use of your zodi burner to add to ours so we could actually cook piella, and the superb first night middle eastern dinner :clapsmile

:suning:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
:bowdown: :suning: :bowdown:

AWESOME!!!!!! Hehehe - I'm tickled, man!!

Wow - everyone looks soo depressed... .... NOT!

OK, some quwestions & comments;
  • what happened to Vince's wrist?!
  • I'm sooo bummed I missed the paella!
  • Are those chili lights I see at your camp?
  • Is the shot with the fallen rock on the Naranjas road?
  • Robb has great taste in hats. I can relate! We are just cool dudes, that's all. :cool:
I can't wait to see more pics and hear some stories :elkgrin:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
what happened to Vince's wrist?!

not sure it seemed to only last that day

I'm sooo bummed I missed the paella!

We are too! and you missed a good one
(we will do this again in Sedona soon - hint hint hint)

Are those chili lights I see at your camp?

yes they are - wanted to add the special ambience to the dinner- running on the 12v with a mini 75 watt inverter

Is the shot with the fallen rock on the Naranjas road?

Yes! Chris you never cease to amaze me with your eye to detail

Robb has great taste in hats. I can relate! We are just cool dudes, that's all.

he does! the coolest of the cool - yeah...Baja cool :wavey:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Thanks for indulging us Pasquale, great photos! :wavey:

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing where you guys actually stayed. Some of the beaches you found look really inviting! I assume you positioned the truck and roof-tent for the best sunrise viewing? :ylsmoke: :elkgrin:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Desertdude said:
I'm sooo bummed I missed the paella!

We are too! and you missed a good one
(we will do this again in Sedona soon - hint hint hint)

Hint taken!

And wow - the chili lights... I am diggin' those! :luxhello:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Also we do not want to forget the magic bucket of hand made Sangria that rendered most folks in a state of laughter for the entire evening :victory:

Sorry: Los ingredientes de la sangría son un secreto muy guardado

sangria.jpg

blupaddler

Conspirator
Thanks DD & DG!!!

You got some great pics in there!
mmmmmmmm...Sangria! Yummy...
The night of the "KILLER" MARGARITA in Santa Rosalia

:victory:

Chris,
I believe Viking injured his wrist before the trip.

:D
Believe it or not, I am working on pics.

Also so everyone knows...I think Scott had over 2000 pics, DD & DG over 1000, Randy & Linda lots too...Soooo patience dear grasshopper.

;)

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
OH MAN!!! Too much!! Ahhh, the sangria in a rubber bucket... in the dirt! Now that is some funky cool expedition-style party voodoo... :victory:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
You are a true connoisseur of Baja beverages...

BajaTaco said:
OH MAN!!! Too much!! Ahhh, the sangria in a rubber bucket... in the dirt! Now that is some funky cool expedition-style party voodoo... :victory:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

"Dude".............!!

Great pics!

I thought it would be fun to note that my son, actually goes to high school (Poway High) with the grandson of "Momma Espinosa".....!!!!

I'm trying to get my son to work out a visit down there......but it's not working yet. ....dangit!

Please everyone..........help me lose my Baja Virginity soon!.............hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman