Baja trip using a Utility Bajarack

BajaRack

Observer
Hello Guys, here’s some pictures of a Baja trip (Loreto) we made over a month ago using the Utility rack.

One of the oldest missions located in Loreto

Sergio Murillo
BajaRack Adventure Equipment
2275 Michael Faraday Dr. Suite 6
San Diego, CA 92154
Phone: (888) 538-0588 (Toll Free USA)
Fax: (760) 539-9960
e-mail: smurillo@bajarack.com
web site: www.bajarack.com

Last edited:

TRUIZ

Observer
Pretty cool. Just installed my baja rack a few days ago. Pretty happy with the end results. Very sturdy and low profile.
image.jpg
image.jpg

BajaRack

Observer
BigTree4X4, yes we do the information will be uploaded on our site in two weeks, it was our first time using the Rotopax and we were pleasantly surprise "no leaks at all".

Ryanmb21's we place them on their side so we can have more room on top of the rack, with 3 kids and a Labrador I have no room inside the FJ.

TRUIZ

Observer
Honestly, on a scale of 1-10 it was probably about a 5. Wasn't super easy to install but not too difficult either. More of a pain at times. Having another person to help is crucial not only because the rack itself is pretty heavy and awkward but you need to line it up on the shell right. The bolts for the yakima tracks were too short to extend through the honeycomb portion of the shell so I had to go to lowes and buy longer bolts that happened to be a different thread count so I had to buy new nuts. Just kind of a pain but it all worked out fine and it's extremely stout and low profile which is really cool. We'll see how it does when loaded off road. Hope that helps a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman