Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
I've put in an order for the laser cut pieces. Hopefully my buddy will knock them out soon. Will send PMs when I have them in hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Quick update:

Should have the cut pieces this week. Then i just need to form them and weld the nuts on. I have decided that they will now always come with a 1/4-20 nut on the back since most of you are planning on using the RAM ball. I'll likely get them all formed and welded up this weekend. Even bought a clamp to build a weld jig!

I know these fit the current UV5xxx series radios, and I believe that someone used one for their UV-82, I think they had to open the side tabs up a bit to get it to fit. I showed the dimensions earlier in this thread so those that are wondering about use with other radios can measure to see if they will fit.

I looked into powder coating them as well, but with the small batch sizes it just isn't economical. For now, they will continue to ship raw steel ready for the coating of your choosing. Pricing will stay at $10 as before. Thanks everyone. I will be sending PM's early next week it looks like.

CrewServed

"That" guy
This is such a killer piece of kit. Can you put me in for one, as well?

I'll be using my Baofeng as a stopgap mobile rig until I can put away enough money for the radio that I want, and even after that, the Baofeng will live semi-permanently in my commuter car. This is perfect for that.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Got all the brackets formed and welded up today. Will be cleaning them up and sending PMs this weekend. Counting all the interest since I ran out of the last batch, these are ALL spoken for if everyone that showed interest actually purchases. Those that did will be sent a PM and get priority. If there are any left after I get responses back then I'll post them up how many remain.

I made a jig to do the welding and it made a huge difference in time and made the location much more repeatable. Using square nuts also made a big difference in the time to produce. Thanks again everyone!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like two please. Which ram ball do you use to fit the nut? Thanks much

Anything that uses a 1/-4-20 male thread. The most common size is a 1" ball to use with ram compatible arms. This one on Amazon is what I'd suspect most use.
http://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-1-Inch-Threaded-Cameras/dp/B0059X0YIQ

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
PM's sent out. Here is the list as I gathered it from the last couple pages of posts:

ExPo User QTY
Gskroll 1
Krytos 1
redheep 3
goodkarma 1
Gene5301 1
travis.diller 1
T100Truker 2
earljuic3 1
95RRC 1
poriggity 1
FloridaFJ80 1