Basic hand pump water jugs

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Lots of options- what is recommended for basic 5 gallon hand pump/5 gallon water setups. This will probably only get used 10 days a years so basic is what I’m looking for.
Thanks

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Cascade Camper Vans has a helpful video showing (among other things) how they use an easily removable 5 gl (food grade!?) plastic jerry can with a quick connect/disconnect hose and 12v pump to run their sink. Copying this system could be a way for you to go.

VanWaLife

Personally I'm partial to the typical round water cooler style 5 gallon jugs. A major benefit of these is that they can be exchanged nationwide at places like Home Depot for a fraction of the cost of a new jug, so if you find they've cracked or filled with spiders between trips you can exchange instead of clean or pay full price again. There are a million different dispenser styles (inverted, battery pump, hand pump), insulating sleeves, etc. available on Amazon. The non threaded style are what you typically get at the exchanges, so that's what I use. Securing can be a little tricky. My solution for that is a stainless saucer bolted down and two cam straps. Very secure, but a bit of a bother.
20221110_092330.jpg

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I was looking at the various hand pumps on Amazon that fit those 5 gallon exchange jugs as shown above- glad to see I’m on the right path..

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Cascade Camper Vans has a helpful video showing (among other things) how they use an easily removable 5 gl (food grade!?) plastic jerry can with a quick connect/disconnect hose and 12v pump to run their sink. Copying this system could be a way for you to go.
I’m trying to stick to a manual hand pump- I just don’t think I’ll use this enough to involve the expense and complexity of electric.

grizzlypath

Cheaper than a hand pump and easier to use. I use one on my Scepter water can and it works great

That's exactly what I use, a charge lasts for weeks of use so I haven't had it die on me, but it is battery powered.

Based on research I was planning on switching to a manual pump like the one here, but I haven't gotten around to it since I'm already invested in the electric one and it works so well.

1699022947000.png1699023062141.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior