Battery Brain - It Works!

kjp1969

Explorer
I've had a marine Battery Brain installed for a month or so now, and have used it a couple of times- great product! When it senses battery voltage below 11.5, it cuts power. There is a bypass circuit for radio memory, and an interlock for ignition-on so that it won't cut off the battery when the engine is on.

The marine version is water proof. It has a wired push button that re-closes the contacts- mine is in the center console. I haven't unintentionally drained the battery yet, but have tested it a couple of times. It works as it's supposed to. Once the battery drains to 11.5 volts, you push the button, hear the reassuring click of the solenoid, and power is restored.

One of the good/bad features of a Bronco is the roll-down rear window. Great a lot of the time, but bad when you have a dead battery. You can't roll down the rear window in order to open the tailgate unless you have 12v. If you keep your jumper cables in a drawer that is only access from the tailgate, woe to you.

Brain.jpg

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I don't have the marine version, but I do have one of these on my 4Runner. I put it on as a cheap alternative to a second battery set-up. I just couldn't find anywhere convenient to put a second battery and in the end couldn't justify the cost. I don't run a lot of extra electronics other than a fridge on longer trips so its great piece of mind knowing I'll always have a starting battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78