Beautiful LHD FJ45 in Portland/Tigard area today???

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
SO as usual I spoted yet another beuty of a rig and I'm wondering if it was anyone here on our lovely board who was piloting the beauty. FJ45 (Wagon, not P/U), LHD, Full lenght Rack W/RTT Younger guy driving Solo, Colorado PLates??? Rolling down HWY 99W @ apx 1530 (3:30 Pm for you non Mil-time types) or so???

I was the guy in the 1st Gen 4Runner w/my GF gawking over that beautiful rig and throwing you the thumbs up. I'd swear I've seen this truck here on the Board (I now that a few FJ45's have changed hands around these parts and I know some were from CO so...)

Anywho, Great truck mate.

Cheers

Gimpy DAve

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Dam I wish I'd have snapped a picture of the beauty... I'd be willing to bet it's someone here or someone who knows someone on here. It was just too perfect. My GF who knows of 40-ser cruisers mostly as they pertain to my buddies RHD BJ40 has always held a sort of...uh...grudge against them after my friend with the BJ40's GF was made to sleep in the rain with minimal cover and then moved to the front seats of the BJ...wich was doorless @ the time wich meant she had to drive home the 200+miles with no doors and a crummy heater.

Anywho long-story long MY GF seems to have a bad assosciation with the SWB 40Ser and LOVES my 4Runner because we can aleep in it. THat's the only reason. Well she saw the 45 yesterday and was drooling over it alomst as much as I was...I swear I nearly proposed to her right there but... Anyway, I'm just glad to know she's not going to kill me one day here whaen I find a MWB BJ43 or a 70-seriers of some sort. As long as she can sleep in it it's cool by her. I hate to say this but I think she was really kind of HAPPY that Emma (my buddy's GF) slept in the front seat uncomfortably and we were dozing in luxury in the back of the Super Turtle... It's like she WON or something that day... Women, I personaly can't explain how they act sometimes(and vice-versa I know), but I know I really really like'm so I don't waste too much time worrying eh ;)

Cheers

Gimpy DAve

Johnston

Observer
I talked to them a little yesterday when they stop in Hood River for lunch but had no clue what they where driving until after I saw them leave. They are from Vail and headed south on 101 to big Sur then I think out though Az then back home.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I talked to them a little yesterday when they stop in Hood River for lunch but had no clue what they where driving until after I saw them leave. They are from Vail and headed south on 101 to big Sur then I think out though Az then back home.
Awesome, Seemed like a nice guy driving, he was very responsive to my thumbs up etc and clearly felt the "Toyota thing" as I was complimenting his amazing truck. Thanks for the info mate. Now I wish I would have pointed him to the Portal so we could learn more about his awesome truck. Sure looked nice and well built.

OT: You getting hit with much Snow up in Hood Riv??? Sure looks to be a hell of a start to our winter season eh. Timberline's already got 2' of new.

Cheers

Somewhat Gimpy Dave

Johnston

Observer
I wish I could have gotten a pic of the rig but maybe someone else will see during their trip.

No snow in H.R.. The snow level is still pretty high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears