Bed Liner Confusion

The Wizard

Observer
Rhino lining, Line-X, Raptor Liner and now a new guy in town Custom Linings all claiming they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, flush toilets AND splinterless toilet paper. I am totally confused. All I want to do is line the inside of my 1/4 ton Canadian military trailer to protect it from the elements and throwing my camping gear into it. Are these liners all about the same? Is there one far superior to the others? Is there something that I should be looking for when picking a liner? Please help. Thank you.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Most are urethane based products and most of the difference is the end texture.

LineX is the original, and personally my favorite. They also offer a few different textures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvtradbow

Observer
Yea what ttengineer said, Line X may be the most expensive an probably the best but Raptor, Rhino an my personal favorite for the DIY is Liner Xtreeme (although for the first time I had some trouble spraying it) an I heard good things about Monstaliner which unlike most is UV resistant.... I believe Liner Xtreeme is the most aggressive texture..

Attachments

• IMGP2266.JPG
    IMGP2266.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMGP2265.JPG
    IMGP2265.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • RIMG0432.JPG
    RIMG0432.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • RIMG0431.JPG
    RIMG0431.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • RIMG0429.JPG
    RIMG0429.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 38

john61ct

Adventurer
The texture from the sand-equivalent filler does not actually add to the strength does it?

I prefer a smoother finish.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Monstaliner is tough stuff. Did my entire vans exterior with it. It can be rolled for sprayed DIY for a cost savings usually. Can also be tinted with urethane tint bases at many paint shops.

gringo m

Observer
I've used Line-X a number of times on different applications. Truck beds, interior of tool boxes...Always been more than happy. (Is that possible?) Just had my new truck bed done. Life time warranty.

opp

Observer
My brother works at a large RV repair shop 3 are 4 largest in Cal. There seeing more and more bedliner problems wood expands more than steel and more than the bed liner. So something has to give .

zimm17

Observer
I used herculiner a decade ago for the floor of my Jeep CJ. What a waste of $100. It never fully hardened and stayed soft so dirt would grind into it. I stupidly paid another $100 for a another gallon to re-coat and it did the same thing.

The low end line-x is fine. It'll fade to grey if it sits in sun for years, so they make a premium version with UV stabilizers, but personally I wouldn't care.

Pangle

Wanderer
If budget and texture are a concern I would 100% go with monstaliner if its going to be a DIY job. I have done 6 builds with the stuff, and if used correctly I have been super pleased with the results. You can choose from their large list of colors, and it doesnt even require a lot of prep. The finish is smoother than line-ex and raptor if you roll it, I cannot speak to spray on as i have never sprayed the monsta. I have line ex in my truck bed and it is very durable and rough... AND its expensive, and heavy! I have done entire projects from 2-300 with monsta when a quote from Line-ex was like 3-6K! You can check out my builds to see how the different monsta applications and colors turned out.

wvtradbow

Observer
The (filler) doesn't add strength it adds texture. Liner extreme has a bag of crushed up rubber to add as does some others an I imagine you don't have to add any if you want a smooth finish..I have also used herculiner an it's kinda like thick paint you don't use a catalyst like urethanes an that's probably why it doesn't hold up as well..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998