Bed mount eyebolts go where for FWC/ATC?

contento

Observer
I'm possibly buying a Grandby this weekend, but having never owned a FWC/ATC I'm not sure where the bed mount eye bolts go?

I know they go in the corners of the bed, I've seen numerous pictures, but is there a "standard" spot? Are the bolts meant to go through both the frame of the truck and the truck bed?

This is for an 09 Silverado 2500hd long bed btw.

contento

Observer

The more I think about it the eye bolts must go through a cross member of the truck bed, up through the floor of the bed, rather than the frame.

pods8

Explorer
The more I think about it the eye bolts must go through a cross member of the truck bed, up through the floor of the bed, rather than the frame.

They are definitely not through the frame, that is under the camper. On my dodge there was a cross member across the front I was able to go through, in the rear it was just through the bed.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I'm possibly buying a Grandby this weekend, but having never owned a FWC/ATC I'm not sure where the bed mount eye bolts go?

I know they go in the corners of the bed, I've seen numerous pictures, but is there a "standard" spot? Are the bolts meant to go through both the frame of the truck and the truck bed?

This is for an 09 Silverado 2500hd long bed btw.

Stan from FWC would be the best source since he's asked what year Grandby it is. You could also call FWC and ask for Terry.

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Back in 2000 the front eye bolts went all the way forward in the truck bed (one eye bolt in each corner).

You can call 800-242-1442 and ask for Terry. He can get the rear measurements for you.

I'm on the road right now and don't have the numbers in front of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior